The incumbent shall perform under the direct supervision of Provincial Coordinator and work in close collaboration with Program Department. His/her specific responsibilities are as below:
- Participate in meetings on behalf of GAALO on provincial bases.
- Prepare training sessions tracking sheets, progress reports, activity reports, training completion reports, and any other type of reports as required.
- Develop the training curriculum and training manual aligned with the standards of Department of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (DAIL).
- Maintain close cooperation and coordinator with Provincial Coordinator, community leaders, relevant governmental entities and stakeholders.
- Organize and deliver both practical and theoretical trainings in irrigation and water management in local languages.
- Perform any other duties delegated by the supervisor/senior staff.
Green Afghanistan Agriculture and Livestock Organization (GAALO) is a non-government, Non-political and not for profit organization, registered with ministry of economy in 2009. GAALO is committed to identify new and innovative approaches to meet the needs of its target groups. We believe in a change not through a radical dynamics of revolution, but to unfold the social issues with positive solutions of social development mechanisms. Our work focuses on identifying the most critical and challenging problems, develop successful strategies, build effective institutions and create efficient delivery mechanisms. We base our programs on facts and data, not mere assumptions. The core team of GAALO consists of highly qualified professionals having many years of working experience in the development and research sectors. GAALO utilizes the services of a vast group of professionals from a variety of disciplines
IV. Abilities and Skills
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and Pashto/Dari.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture Science with specialization in irrigation and water management or related fields.
- At least 4 years of professional training experience with national or international organization.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office software packages email internet and spread sheets.
- Good diagnostic and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision.
- Desire to serve farmers and others involved in the livestock industry.
- Willingness to work as a team member.
- Being update on new agriculture trends and technologies.
- Self-motivated willingness to learn and maintain good working ethics.
- Being physically fit and maintaining working ability in difficult climates and environmental situations.
V. Required Qualifications
- At least bachelor’s degree in agriculture (specifically irrigation and horticulture) and/or related field
- Master degree in the relevant field is a preference.
Previous Work Experience:
- 4 years’ progressive experience in theoretical and practical trainings In irrigation and water management.
- The Trainers should know local languages (Pashto, Dari)
- Experience with USAID or other international organization will be preferred.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
As per Organization salary scale
Please send your CV to
Only locally settled applicants will be shortlisted