This project is a follow-up to last year’s support to Attorney General Office’s (AGO) the newly established department which was known as the “research unit”. The Support to Crime Analysis and Statistics Department project will aim to increase the capacity of AGO’s staff by conducting four interrelated research studies in the areas of violence against women, juvenile delinquency, and general crimes. The topics will be identified in consultation with AGO’s leadership, and upon selection of the topics, 4 research papers will be prepared, under the direct supervision of the Trainer. Once the research papers are finalized, the findings from each paper will culminate in a policy paper with concrete recommendations to policy-makers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing the training materials Providing training to the AGO Preparing research tools Preparing research framework Preparing a research plan Holding mentoring sessions with the AGO Working with AGO to finalize the research paper.
- Preparing a policy paper from the researches.
Kakar Advocates, LLC is based in Kabul, Afghanistan, with U.S. and Afghan licensed attorneys on staff. The firm also is associated with DLA Piper, one of the largest law firms in the world. Kakar Advocates provides a full-service offering to its clients including legal services, development and business consultancy services, financial management services, and capacity training. More information about the firm is available at www.KakarAdvocates.com.
- Detail-oriented with strong communication, time management skills, research, analytical, and writing skills. Excellent command of the English Language as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
- Ability to produce well-written legal documents and reports in English and local languages. The ability for excellent oral and written communication. Strong follow-up and punctuality to meet deadlines. Being proactive and multi-tasking skills.
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Please note the following when applying:
• Mention position title on the subject of the email;
• only short-listed candidates will be contacted.