Note: (This position is subject to donor’s approval.)
- Implementation of routine immunization services as part of the mobile health team services and this is a full-time, grant-funded Vaccinator for nutrition project position based in Ghor province. Manage cold chain system according to UNICEF protocols and conducting vaccination activities according to national immunization standards
- Assist on doing the clients triage Responsible to provide IEC for the clients. Manage cold chain system according to UNICEF protocols. Conducting vaccination activities according to national immunization standards Determines appropriate vaccine type and dose-volume appropriate for each client. Prepares site and administers oral, IM or IC vaccine per standard protocol. Disposes of sharps in an appropriate receptacle. Documents vaccination on record and immunization card. As vaccine preparer will pre-fill syringes a few at a time, follow a strict protocol for labeling and handling prefilled syringes, and keep supplies stocked. Recognize, respond to, and alert emergency medical personnel of possible post vaccination reactions. Responsible for entering vaccine lot numbers and other required information onto patient’s Immunization Card. Counsel and educate patients, the family, and community about immunization and in relevant areas of health Participate in EPI mass campaigns Supervise the volunteer’s activities at the district level. Prepare inventory list on a need base. Actively participate in a community-based program Assist in dispensing medications and other supplies to patients when it is required Ensure the patients understand how to properly use the prescribed medicines Preparing requests for medicine and other nutrition supplies on a weekly and timely basis. Preparing and submitting monthly reports of medicine and nutrition supplies consumption meeting the deadlines Provide and support immunization services in the community for target groups To ensure accurate registration and reporting of activities. Responsible to know the updated national guides regarding the EPI program. Storage and look after vaccines and other EPI instruments in his area. Proper running of his area cold chain. Prepare and maintain the activity timetable of the immunization activities. Arrange vaccination session according to the timetable Health education session and pass health messages regarding EPI.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards. Adhere to WV accountability standards. To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (AHF-Nutrition 2nd 2021) interventions.
About World Vision International:World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities. There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods. World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
Required Professional Experience:
- At least one year working in clinic or MHNT as vaccinator
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- High school Graduate is essential.
- Having a certificate of initial immunization training is mandatory
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Health related short training certificate will be preferred Ability on the triage methods Communication skills and knowledge of local communities. Languages empowerment (Dari – Pashto) Flexibility for work. Ability to travel within the work environment
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- This is a 100% designated field job (Provision of primary health care services in the composition of the mobile health team in targeted districts (Charsada, and Firzokoh) of Ghor province and it is subject day by day travel to the affected locations.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
One year working in clinic or MHNT as Vaccinator
As Per WVA Salary Scale
The application closing date is 29-Jun-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1132) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1132) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
:متقاضیان محترم منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنی