To support the Integrated Nutrition Health response in term of vaccination and follow up of under 2 year children and eligible women in high risky provinces of Afghanistan
Objective 1: To provide vaccination for all eligible children and women
- Implement and observe national guidelines and norms on EPI
- Determine appropriate vaccine type and dose volume for each client
- Carry out vaccination of children and women according to guidelines.
- Organize the follow up vaccination consultations if needed
- Recognize, respond, and alert emergency medical personnel of possible post vaccination reactions.
- Fill out tally sheets of vaccination on a daily basis
- Document vaccinations on register and immunization cards for each patient.
- Refer mothers of reproductive age and children ANC/PNC service if necessary
- Support promoters with health education and counseling on vaccines and their importance.
- Support team in ensuring timely and high quality reports
Objective 2: Storage and Transportation of Vaccines
- Ensure vaccines are stored in adequate conditions respecting hygiene, temperature and AAH storage regulations
- Verify quality of vaccinations and reject damaged or compromised vaccines
- Ensure expiry dates of vaccines are respected.
- Ensure cold chain of vaccines from AAH stock or health facility to field site.
- Before leaving the office ensure that all materials are ready
- After the field visit, clean and prepare equipment for following day
Objective 3: Represent AAH
- Behave in a professional manner, which is representative of AAH.
- Respect the principals and values of AAH
- Respect the AAH charter
Objective 4: Prepare all the material /Reporting tools and documentation
- Before leaving the office ensure all the material is ready and active (relevant equipment’s, registers, nutritional supplies, medicines…).
- Keep all items in the field very well and after the field visit, clean and prepare the using in coming day.
- Update all reporting tools on daily basis.
- Keep and maintain a good filing system for all documents
- Prepared the reports (Daily, Weekly and monthly) according to the standard reporting tools.
- Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization.
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
- Graduated from recognized health institute (vaccinator, nurse, midwife …)
- Graduated from 12 grade higher degree will preferred.
- At least 3 years experiences in the EPI field
- Organization skills are necessary.
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto if possible some English
- High flexibility to move to different part of province.
- Knowledge of locations and communities is a plus
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 3 years experiences in the EPI field
End of December 2022
As per AAH Salary Scale
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department DK office: Nili city, Kabul Bank Sabiqa, AAH office or can also be emailed to:
email@example.com no later 09 of June 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer