- Capacity building of para-vets and project staff in animal husbandry and animal health. Conducting of training needs assessment with para-vets in two VFUs per target district Development of animal husbandry manuals and training materials Provide veterinary services and technical support to para-vets and project beneficiaries Market assessment to determine viable livelihood activities for livestock owners. Cooperate on distribution of livelihood inputs to promote livestock Support and collaborate project coordinator on planning, implementation and further development of livelihood and livestock components. Provide support to project staff in delivery of livestock components. Conduct meetings with all relevant project stakeholders at the district and provincial level
Following are the key areas of responsibility of this position: Project Planning and Implementation:
- Provide support to social organizer on community’s mobilization in line with project objectives at the target communities to identify and establish suitable VFUs. Provide veterinary services to targeted project beneficiaries To coordinate and supervise livestock related project activities and in close collaboration with para-vets and VFUs in 2 target districts to ensure a smooth implementation according to a project work plan and achieving planned results. Advise and assist the project coordinator in planning, implementation and further development of livelihood and livestock components to ensure that they are technically sound, cost effective and relevant to project goals. Build capacity of Para-vets and VFUs through conducting of training in animal husbandry and animal health. Conduct technical training on appropriate animal health and welfare practices to project staff, VFUs, and DAIL staff on animal handling, housing and feeding, identifying disease and seeking treatment. Instruct para-vets on vaccines and medicine usages, and administration of vaccine for livestock disease prevention. Facilitate meetings and strengthen linkages between para-vets and VFU at district level. Follow up with paravet and VFUs vaccination seasons. Facilitate meetings with project stakeholders at the district and provincial level Conduct regular monitoring from project activities on timely manner. Collect necessary data and information to keep track of change in attitudes and practices para-vets and VFUs. Maintain good relation with the government, NGOs and VFUs. Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the project document. In collaboration with field team, develop technical training materials, and training plans. Visit regularly district project sites, to assess the performance of para-vets and VFUs and provide information, encouragement and technical advice as required.
Submission field reports, monthly, quarterly to project coordinator in a timely manner. Networking and Representation
- Maintain regular contact with key stakeholders and district departments such as DAIL, and other NGOs working in livelihood and livestock area. Develop and maintain relationships with VFUs in both districts of Badakhshan province.
Budget and Logistics Management Provide support to project coordinator on supply requests and service requests ensuring those are properly documented and carry the correct accounts code, donor code and donor budget code.
Provide support to project coordinator on prepare monthly expenditure plans for scheduled activities in Samangan & Badakhshan provinces.
Provide support to project coordinator on training programmes, workshops, and stakeholder meetings. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure to collect 1 to 2 success stories during every quarter of the project; Document key challenges faced and lessons learnt on a quarterly basis.
Reporting Prepare and submit to project coordinator monthly progress reports, quarterly and annual against work plan based on donor and head office requirement deadline.
About Afghanaid:Afghanaid is a British international NGO (www.afghanaid.org.uk) that has been working in Afghanistan since 1983. Headquartered in Kabul, Afghanaid implements projects directly in 8 provinces and through partners in a further number of provinces and maintains a marketing and fundraising office in London. Afghanaid works in some of the most remote areas of the country and through a range of programme interventions supports development of basic services, such as water and sanitation, access roads, education facilities and other community infrastructure; strengthens livelihoods through improved natural resource management, agricultural and small enterprise development, and improved access to markets; and provides humanitarian assistance in times of emergencies. Gender mainstreaming, local governance and community development are integrated into all of Afghanaid’s work. The results achieved have earned Afghanaid the respect and recognition of stakeholders as an effective and collaborative charity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Livestock Development, Animal Health, Dairy Science/ Technology. At least 3 years of professional experience in areas of animal services and equine animal’s health service. High level computer literacy skill Knowledge of Dari and Pashtu language will be an added value. Good communication, reporting and English skill. Committed and honest in his/her work
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Submission Guideline:Please email a covering letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and your name in the subject line by 10 April 2021. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.