Responsible for implementation of all WASH activities (Solar pipe schemes and construction of latrines and bathing facilities) in the assigned project. Prepare construction materials and other consumables requests and ensure adequate supply for current projects; including construction tools. -Monitoring construction materials consumption such as consumable materials such as fuel, chlorine, cement, sand, gravel and other materials. -Prepare daily list materials consumption and support the WASH engineer in preparing the Purchase Request. -Prepare daily and weekly planning and reporting of activities with specific locations. -Ensure all WASH facilities are constructed based on the specific standards as mentioned in designs, including selection of sites/locations for construction. -Monitor and ensure the quality of materials supplied by the vendors/suppliers from the local market based on the specifications on the BOQ. -Prepare the request for the casual skilled and unskilled labor hire and ensure the selection of the casual labor is properly carried out based on their skills level. -Organize the loading and off-loading of WASH items/ supplies sent from Turkey in collaboration with the WASH logistician. -Carry out other activities as requested by the WASH engineer. -Ensure the Program Accountability Framework is integrated and being implemented in the WASH program.
Citizen Organization for Advocacy and Resilience, COAR (formally Coordination of Afghan Relief) CoAR is an Afghan, independent, non-political, non-sectarian, and non-for profit organization established in 1989 and registered formally with the ministry of Economy. COAR actively bridging between donors of humanitarian aid and rural Afghan communities severely affected by almost four decades of wars, internal conflicts, natural and manmade disasters, and complexities. COAR endeavors to reach the unreached and embark on strengthening local coping mechanisms to enable communities to find durable local solutions to their local problems and encourage self-reliance and sustainability. COAR works with communities to proactively utilize their own scarce and limited resource the most efficient and effective way and discourage a culture of aid dependency, except in times of disasters and extreme poverty. COAR has maintained the access of beneficiaries to basic services with strict observation of humanitarian principles of Independence, Neutrality and Impartiality in practice.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering/Water supply engineering.
- 3 years experience in relevant field.
- Further qualifications in engineering in development-related contexts are preferred.
- Technical and practical competence in WASH including experience in solar pipe schemes and sanitation facilities.
- Prepare and qualities assure monitoring plans.
- Excellent communication, cooperation, and interpersonal skills.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
-3 years’ experience in relevant field.
Base on Budget
- Qualified candidates may send their applications, including a cover letter, and CV to COAR Human resource department to this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application must be received by 25-11-2021
- Application received after the closing date will not be considered
- The subject line of the email must be (WASH Assistant Engineer VN 189) otherwise your application may not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the test and interview
- COAR is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both gender are urged to apply
- Main office:
- House No.48, Dehbori 3rd district Kabul-Afghanistan.