Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation of CLTS full package through using the Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) tools with all male and female community members of target communities. Establish mutual and good relationship with the Community Development Councils (CDCs) and other influential leaders of the target villages for facilitation of pre-triggering and triggering steps of CLTS. Facilitate sessions with communities in realizing the negative hygienic and sanitary behaviors replaced with positive ones. Vigorous follow up from the communities they triggered for building of latrines and realizing the negative hygienic and sanitary behaviors replaced with positive ones. Female CLTS facilitators liaising with female CHWs in establishing and training of Family Health Action Groups (FHAGs) from the mothers having children less than five years age. Leading communities in formation of CLTS and FHAGs committees and enabling them to conduct hygiene, water and sanitation education activities at the community level. Conduct community hygiene awareness and sanitary campaigns for building latrines and changing inappropriate hygiene behavior to practices. Provide technical advice to the villagers in building and site selection of sanitary latrine. Recording day-to-day progress made by villagers in building of latrines in their communities and reporting to his/her supervisor. Assist WASH officer regarding technical aspect of WASH and CLTS project activities. Assist CLTC and FHAG committees in developing operational work plans for conducting public hygiene campaigns and repair and maintenance of water supply system. Implementing door-to-door visit approach and supervise CLTS and FHAG committee on how to implement the door-to-door approach. Support CLTS, FHAG, Government stakeholders and project team members in conducting internal and external CLTS verification. Assist the WASH officer, and government delegations in arranging and facilitating ODF verification, certification and declaration ceremonies at the district and community level.
Reporting and Communication:
- Develop and submit accurate monthly and weekly work plans and reports to the program officer. Participate in relevant district level meetings, and represent Concern. Provide CLTS success stories and photos from special occasions and progresses. Reporting on regular bases to the program officer from the progress made by committee members in CLTS section. Submit accurate monthly, quarterly work plans and reports and share with various matrix stakeholders and ministries. Liaise with logistic and finance team for all logistical and financial related issues such as SR tracking, updating procurement plan and assuring of on time payments. Ensure government participation in key social events such as trainings, exposure visits, workshops etc. as appropriate.
- Attend a full course of CLTS training for CLTS and FHAG members at community level. Effective use of IEC materials in the target villages and their regular follow up. Delivering Leadership, how to conduct meeting, minute keeping, conflict resolution and decision-making training to CLTS and FHAG members. Provide technical guidance and support CLTS and FHAG members on all water, sanitation, hygiene promotion related issues, to ensure quality, cost effective, sustainable and affect soundness in implementation of their door-to-door visits. Organize door-to-door public hygiene campaign in collaboration with Hygiene champions. Support CLTC and FHAG in conducting hygiene and sanitation trainings among committee members, community elders, CBOs, and women’s group. Provide technical support for CLTC and FHAG and build their capacity in conducting meetings, decision-making, conflict resolution and coaching activities.
- Liaise with relevant government departments, NGO networks at district level. Participate in relevant, district level meetings, and represent Concern. Participate in CLTS and FHAG meeting at the district and community level. Coordinate with local government and other stakeholders for effective delivery of the WASH/CLTS activities. Liaise with M&E officer in updating M&E tools on monthly basses
CHS & Emergency:
Concern is committed to the Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) to ensure accountability to all stakeholders. Concern activities are guided by CHS in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we have an Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks. To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond.
Identity: Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma/degree in health sciences or in the field of WASH/CLTS from reputable University.
- At least 2 years’ experience delivering CLTS/ WASH related with national or international NGOs.
Competencies & Skills:
- Facilitation skills.
- Community organizing skills.
- Computer skills preferred (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Dari and English speaking and writing ability.
- Possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with community members and spend at least 90% of time in the community
Reporting and Communication:
- Develop and submit accurate monthly work plans and reports to WASH officer.
- Oral and written communication in Dari and other local languages.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience using digital devices such as computer and DDG.
Ability to write reports and various correspondence in English language is an advantage.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 2 years’ experience delivering CLTS/ WASH related with national or international NGOs.
Fixed Term with possible extension
Closing Date: 24 April 2022