This position will ensure that the WASH components of the project are implemented fully in accordance with the community needs and standards, in a timely manner. The WASH Facilitators will be primarily responsible for conducting hygiene promotion trainings and community engagement in target communities where Project interventions will be implemented.
Note: Subject to Donor Approval.
- In consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries (particularly women, children and people with disabilities), assist WV project Engineers to identify sites and target households for construction of water systems Establish and train volunteer WASH Groups to conduct community hygiene promotion Provide behaviour change training in communities on hygiene practices such as hand washing, water treatment, and latrine use. Conduct the CLTS program with the communities.
Administration and Reporting :
- Support WASH groups to conduct regular community-wide hygiene promotion sessions. Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local communities, explaining World Vision Afghanistan’s role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project Report to the Project Manager the implementation of projects as planned according to developed technical standards, schedules and timelines. Update and prepare weekly reports on project progress. Work with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to regularly track and report on progress towards WV water, sanitation and hygiene targets.
Studying and Capacity Building
- Take all the necessary measures in order to maintain positive working relationships and a good environment, upholding the rule of safety first in order to prevent accidents. Ensure that water, sanitation and hygiene program is fully and timely implemented in according with community needs and standards in the project targeted areas. Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal educational activities
Giving and receiving Feedbacks :
- Mobilizing the communities (including religious leaders) toward program objective. Seek and receive regular feedback from communities about their issues/concerns with the project and provide this feedback to the Project Manager.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (Badghis, Ghor,Faryab & Herat) interventions.
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities. There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods. World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
Two years’ experience implementing WASH projects1-2 years of working with community mobilization projects.1-2 years previous experience working with and implementing various hygiene and sanitation behaviour change approaches
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
Bachelor Degree and or High school degree priority will be given to the higher education.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
Previous Work experience in WASH project is highly preferred.Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity.Knowledge of important hygiene behavioursMust have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.Knowledge and experience in construction is useful.Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Based in Herat office and regular travelling in Karukh, Pashton Zarghon, Koshk-e Rabat Sangi, Koshk-e-Kohna and Gulran districts.
Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spokenEnglish knowledge will be a positive point.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Two years’ experience implementing WASH projects.
As per WVA salary scale
The application closing date is 04-May-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1380) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1380) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.”
Only Herat local candidates are elegible to apply.
:نوتلطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم