- Prepares technical documents (assessments, reports, drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for engineering projects (main activity will be oriented on the urban water sector) using approved formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary;
- Identifies needs through assessments and surveys;
- Carries out capacity building and keeps regular contacts with local authorities and communities.
- Coordinates the relationship of the ICRC with central and local urban water authorities, namely UWASS/AUWSSC;
- Supervises consultants and/or contractors working on studies and/or project sites;
- Conducts quality control of acquired material and installed infrastructure;
- Creates project files in electronic databases (such as SharePoint the WatHab Project Assistant application) and keeps them up to date;
- Prepares implementation/progress/feasibility reports and studies;
- Provides regular information to colleagues on security, stakeholder issues and site progress;
- Manages project purchasing on labour and materials according to the delegation’s financial rules;
- Administers hand-over of ICRC-provided infrastructure to end-users;
- Trains or organizes training for owners and end-users in the operation and maintenance of urban water infrastructure;
- Uses results-based management to evaluate project implementation.
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. Its exclusive humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavours to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
- University degree in civil, structural or water engineering, or similar.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Additional certificate in water, civil or environmental engineering. Specialization in management is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in a related field of activity i.e. as an engineering advisory and/or managerial role in urban water systems in Afghanistan.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in a related field of activity i.e. as an engineering advisory and/or managerial role in urban water systems in Afghanistan.
According to the ICRC salary scale
- Online registration: LINK
Clearly indicate vacancy number (WEUB223062022) in the email subject line, CVs not mentioning the vacancy number in subject line, will not be considered. Complete files matching with the profile will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Important Notice: Make sure your full name is matching to your email address, your CV and the online application you fill, or your application will not be accepted using different names. “The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Female applicants are encouraged to apply. CV’s received will be subject to the rules of the Data Protection of the ICRC (Data Controller) and will only be used for the purpose they were sent for and will not be kept after the end of the process or shared with third parties without consent of the sender. https://www.icrc.org/en/publication/4261-icrc-rules-on-personal-data-protection#
Important Notice: The ICRC recently noticed that a number of individuals and online pages are offering fake services in the name of the organization in return for money. Please note that all ICRC services are completely free of charge and at no point the organization or its staff would ask for money be it during its recruitment process or any other services in the country. Please remain cautious and avoid sharing your personal information through online links. We thank you in advance for your understanding. اطلاعیه مهم: کمیته بین المللی صلیب سرخ (آی سی آر سی) اخیراً متوجه شده است که تعدادی از افراد و صفحات آنلاین در بدل دریافت پول خدمات جعلی را به نام این سازمان ارایه میکنند. لطفاً ، متوجه باشید که همه خدمات آی سی آر سی کاملاً رایگان است و این سازمان یا کارمندان آن هیچ وقت درخواست پول را در مراحل استخدام یا انجام خدمات دیگر در کشور نمیکنند. لطفاً محتاط باشید و از شریک ساختن معلومات شخصی در لینک های آنلاین خودداری نمایید. پیشاپیش از شما سپاسگزار استیم. مهمه خبرتیا: پدې وروستیو کې د سره صلیب نړیوالې کمېټې (آی سي آر سي) ولیدل چې یو شمیر کسان او آنلاین پاڼې د پیسو په بدل کې د دغه سازمان په نوم جعلي خدمتونه وړاندې کوي. مهرباني وکړئ په یاد ولرئ چې د آی سي آر سي ټول خدمات په بشپړ ډول وړیا دي او دغه سازمان یا کارکونکي یې د ګومارنې په بهیر کې یا په هیواد کې د نورو خدماتو په بدل کې هیڅ وخت د پیسو غوښتنه نه کوي. مهرباني وکړئ محتاط اوسئ او د آنلاین لینکونو له لارې د خپلو شخصي معلوماتو له شریکولو څخه ډډه وکړئ. موږ ستاسو د پوهیدو لپاره د مخه منندوی یو. Submission Email: