Under the direct management of the ARCS Disaster Management Director, the Weapon Contamination Manager will be based in Kabul and will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinates all WeC activities implemented at HQ and regional level.
- Coordinates information Management at central level (accidents, incidents, victims, contaminated areas reported by WeC officers)
- Training and refresher training to WeC regional officers.
- Monitors ARCS staff safety activities (indicator follow up in offices- Explosive ordnance staff safety to ARCS staff in Kabul)
- Compiles reports from regional WeC Officers.
- Budget management & reporting.
- Quality management and control of WeC project.
The ARCS WeC officer will report to the ICRC WeC field officer/WeC delegate for technical issues and all other Associated objectives as stated in the OCA.
Established in 1934, the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) is an independent, humanitarian institution which has been recognized by the government of Afghanistan as an auxiliary to State agencies. ARCS play an important role in delivering disaster response services. Under the 2016 Red Crescent Law, ARCS carry out its activities in accordance with the principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary services, unity and universality. Among others, ARCS have the duty to provide assistance to disaster-affected communities, supply emergency shelter, and distribute relief items to vulnerable people. Through its network of 7 regional branches and 34 provincial branches and more than 20,000 staff and trained volunteers, ARCS is amongst the few national organizations with nation-wide outreach and access. Over the past decades, ARCS has managed to uphold its neutrality and enjoys acceptance enabling its teams to carry out principled humanitarian action across the lines of conflict, including in the large portions of the territories controlled by armed opposition groups. With the support of its Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Partners National Societies like the Norwegian Red Cross – ARCS has also strengthened its management systems, procedures and partnerships to respond to emergencies, upon request of the public authorities or under its own initiative.
- Minimum 12 grade (school) education level
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing a budget, logistics and reporting (organizing training courses, field trips, justification of expenses, activity reporting).
- Minimum 5 years of management experience, especially remotely.
- Good knowledge of Pashto, Dari and English languages.
- Experience in mine risk awareness/ knowledge of the explosive threats in Afghanistan would be and asset.
- Experience in data collection and analysis would be an asset.
- Sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and to work respectfully
- Team spirit and adaptability.
- Knowledge of the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement and principles.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 years experience
Contract Base Extendable
As per Organizational Salary Scale
متقاضیان محترم لطف نموده جهت درخواست احراز بست به آمریت استخدام ریاست منابع بشری دفتر مرکزی جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی واقع افشار سیلو مراجعه نموده خلص سوانح ، کاپی اسناد تحصیلی کاپی اسناد تجارب کاری تذکره تابعیت و یک قطعه عکس با خود داشته باشند.
نوت: درخواست برای احراز بست از طریق ایمیل و یا آنلاین پذیرفته نمیشود.
Dear applicants, please refer to the Recruitment Department of Human Resources Afghan Red Crescent Society HQ office Afshar-e-Silo for submitting thier application along with thier Curriculum Vita (CV) , copy of educational documents, copy of work experience, citizenship ID card and a photo.
Note: Request for a clampdown is not accepted by email or online.