Reporting to the Project Manager, the Admin/HR Officer ensures the adherence of all personnel to BEST’s administrative and HR procedures & policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting job analysis and preparing necessary documents for recruitment, selection, allocation and staff orientation;
- Drafting job descriptions and vacancy announcement, contract agreement and assessment sheets;
- Preparing job announcements collection of CVs, long-listing, short listing for interview and organizing interview in conjunction with line manager for all new positions at the base level;
- Ensuring the recruitment of national staff adheres to the BEST policy & regulations and as well as adhere to Afghanistan labour law as applicable. The includes payment of appropriate taxes;
- Responsible for maintaining copies of all personnel files including but not limited to recruitment documents, CVs, contracts, supporting documents, time sheets, employee data sheets, disciplinary papers and performance evaluations;
- Ensuring all staff are regularly oriented and trained about PSEA Policy, Code of Conduct and Staff Handbook. This also includes proper monitoring over the implementation of the policies;
- Preparing staff information to security department for BEST ID cards;
- Ensuring all BEST personnel receive, sign and have the copies of PSEA Policy, Code of Conduct, Staff Handbook and their job descriptions;
- Preparing monthly timesheets, attendance sheets and ensuring the leave records of all staff are properly recorded;
- Assisting Project Manager in conducting of training need assessment and other capacity building program;
- Ensuring that employee performance evaluations are completed as scheduled;
- Ensuring appropriate clearance of all project-based personnel and terminated employees as per the policy;
- Maintaining all personnel files and disciplinary documents confidential
- Identify weaknesses in current HR systems, advise supervisor on outstanding issues and assist in designing and implementing as required.
- Following and overseeing the register book/visitor book;
- Preparing the rental house contract and monthly invoices;
- Registering and following up all the In and Out letters in BEST office and follow with relevant department;
BEST (Basic Education and Employable Skill Training) is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political and development oriented organization established on 27th of April 2001 and registered with the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Ministry of Economy NGOs. The Organization has a regional coverage through undertaking various Educational (Legal Rights, Human Rights, Teacher Training, Non Formal, Catch-up, Vocational), Awareness Raising (Legal Rights, Advocacy, Women Rights, Support to Electoral Process, Elimination of violation against women, Human Rights, , peace reconciliation, conflict resolution in peace building), Capacity Building (Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Project Designing, Proposal writing, Report Writing, Advocacy, Gender Mainstreaming, M&E and Business Communication. Provincial and District Government Civil Servants Developmental in General Management, Financial Management), Income generation and Vocational Training Projects in different sectors for Afghan Refugees/Returnees and local communities in Afghanistan.
BEST has worked as an Implementing Partner of Ministry of Education, GTZ/BEPA, UNHCR, DAI, CARE International, JICA, CPI, Preston University (Islamabad, Pakistan), UNDP/ANBP, UNDP/AJDL UNIDO, Tawanmandi (British Counsel), US Embassy, PRT (Ghazni), ARD, GIZ, UNOCHA, The Asia Foundation, DAI/SIKA North, MSI and PWJ.
The application comprises of a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post along with your CV. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications to: