- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Receiving and verifying the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Take part in sorting, placing and putting away the goods in the appropriate place in the warehouse.
- Prepares merchandise for shipment of goods whenever required.
- Oversee truck loading operations to ensure all policies and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Maintains accurate inventory records through the use of a computerized inventory system
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment on a regular basis
- Report to Logistics Manger of any warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Tag, record and report all the items received before issuing them to requesting unit.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Logistics Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to Logistics Manager in a timely manner.
- Conduct Regular Warehouse inspection for pests, insects, and rodents control, take necessary action for any foreseen situations.
- Monitor the needed Items stock replenishment mechanism.
- Follow up on Donation, in kind and Transfer and disposal of assets as per IRC rule and procedures.
- Provide and assists the program on required list of assets for ongoing Grants and Close Grants.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Minimum of 14th grade graduated/Bachelor degree in Business Administration or similar field is an asset
- Physically fit, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English, Dari, Pashto.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter) and MS office package.
- Willingness to put in extra hours in emergencies
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Systems oriented individual
- Good team player
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2 Years Relevant
12 months (Extendable)
Grade F (NTA Salary Scale)
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque