1. Cargo manager has to be aware of all security situations prior to dispatching the shipment.
2. Cargo manager has to create an alert system for all threats the shipping of cargo domestically and internationally.
3. Cargo manager has to update Integra tracking software be aware of all domestic & international norms in Cargo shipment.
4. In the context of Afghanistan follow all safety procedures when performing duties and choose the economical and safe routes for air freight shipment.
5. Cargo manager must be clear about manage relationships with corporate and regular clients.
6. Works with all domestic and international companies and within company and business development department policies and guidelines using independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
7. Prepares monthly activity and revenue reports.
8. Responsible for and manages client inquiries and other cargo-related customer service functions.
9. Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, MAW, shipping statements, custom clearance procedures, and the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs).
10. Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently administered. Keep senior management informed of all transaction problems or irregularities.
11. Cargo manager must work on customs clearance on behalf of the client.
12. Work collaboratively with senior management and IT staff to coordinate systems implementation.
13. Other duties as assigned.
14. Work directly with customers discussing air freight options and calculating costs to deliver cargo domestically and/or internationally.
15. Receive and prepare items to be shipped, obtaining their dimensions, and helping customers select the right protective packaging in order to guarantee safe delivery.
16. Prepare all bills, invoices, liability waivers, and other documents for customers to review and sign prior to shipment.
17. Convey all items to packaging and warehouse teams alongside air freight instructions.
18. Monitor daily air freight inventories and logs to verify that items were picked up at the right designated times with the correct route info.
19. Use tracking software to follow the progress of shipped items and to both confirm their receipt and notify customers of completed deliveries.
20. Take the necessary steps to retrieve, process, and record all of the paperwork and funds accompanying certified mail or payment on delivery packages.
21. Coordinate with freight manager and other shipping department personnel to help track down deliveries that are either lost or delayed.
22. Complete other tasks at the discretion of management.
Bakhtar Afghan Airlines was founded in 1967 as a public airline in Afghanistan. The company provided services for local flights between provinces of the country as well as international flights for several decades and it had many airplanes such as Twin Otter (DHC-6), YAK-40, An-24, An-26, B-727. In 1988. Fortunately, in reference to presidential decree No. 70, on 06/06/1398 of his Excellency Dr. Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai, Bakhtar Airline received its air operator certificate and under establishment process as a state-owned entity which will provide its domestic flights to many provinces connecting them to major cities of Afghanistan, especially in hard-to-land areas. Currently, Bakhtar has started its flight operation with Boeing B737-500 and in the process to procure 2 DHC-8 Q400 aircraft to serve people throughout the country.
1. Proven experience of 6 years or more.
2. Good communicator.
3. Strong organizational and clerical skills.
4. Understanding domestic and international shipping regulations, including tariff laws and trade agreements.
5. Strong understanding of all of the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Access.
6. Demonstrated mathematical skills.
7. Awareness of the importance of customer service.
8. Demonstrate Cargo Operations experience at a Management level within an Air Cargo business and have a solid knowledge of Air Cargo Operations on an international basis.
9. Have a strong track record in managing airport cargo terminal services across all areas of warehouse operations.
10. Experience in driving and implementing best practice air cargo terminal processes, systems and overseeing facility upgrades.
11. Expertise in IATA Air Cargo laws and regulations.
12. Excellent communications skills.
13. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; both short-term/tactical and long-term/strategic
14. Be a well-structured, highly professional individual who is results-focused.
15. Internationally orientated executive with excellent business acumen and is a savvy hands-on operator
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Proven experience of 6 years or more.
As per company salary scale.
All interested candidates should submit their resumes by email, the heading of the email must read (Cargo Manager/BAA-2793). Applications should indicate such a subject.