- House to house surveys of PwD within his/her target area
- Assess needs of PwD with assistance of Physiotherapy, Special Education and Employment Support sections and prepare plan for rehabilitation intervention including selection of training material
- Work as a first referral source for the implementation of CBR strategy
- Assist Disability Project trainers in establishment of CBR Committees
- Identify and mobilise available local resources and utilise for better implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation of PwD
- To promote awareness and given advice on disability and rehabilitation issues to the community
- To promote community’s knowledge regarding disabilities and its prevention at different stage
- Facilitate school integration of children with disability after completion of preparatory education
- Identify and introduce the PwD for vocational skills training and loan schemes to SCA employment support, Government agencies and any other organization working in the same area.
- Assist PwD in filling of revolving loan application forms and collect loan instalments from loan borrowers
- Distribute publications such as Village Page to all villages covered by him/her, Wall magazine into all schools and health centres in the concerned area
- Assist Disability Project Information Officers in writing of disability articles and life stories of PwD or address them to the information staff
- Technically assist the DPOs in identifying the PwDs
- Refer needy PwD to other rehabilitation resources inside and outside of Disability Project,
- Any other job related task assigned by Disability project manager, CBR senior supervisor, social integration officer and CBR field supervisor.
- Provide training to family trainers and community volunteers in the topics or material to be used for
- rehabilitation of PwD in home-based training
- To assist and facilitate the social trainer in conducting trainings for community members, teachers,
- health staff and other disability stake holders on disability rights and other related topics.
Tasks of inter organizational relation:
- Promote gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background
- To participate actively in workshops, seminars & conference organised by the SCA management
- Promotes good coordination with other SCA projects, all RMOs units and other units/departments at RMOs
Tasks of relation with external agencies
- To participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the RAD projects and SCA in general
- To attend the coordination meetings with other organisations when Field Supervisor and/or Social Integration officer asked to do
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of Work:
Disability Programm (DP) is a Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) disability programme working for the full inclusion of Person with Disabilities in the society through provision of services; such as physical rehabilitations, vocational training, and access to loan for their economic independence. DP program provides preparatory education for children with disabilities with the aim of preparing them for inclusion in mainstream schools. DP is running awareness rising activities towards the family and community members about the right and need of Person with Disabilities. DP is working for the institutional capacity building of Disabled People Organizations (DPOs), professional associations, and disability sector NGOs. This programme also advocates towards the Governments for inclusion of disability and disabled people right to education, health, employment in their policies and strategies.
The DP programme is managed by a Programme Management Unit in Kabul Management Office and by four Project Offices: Ghazni, Jalalabad, Mazar-e-Sharif, and Taloqan. The Programme covers 46 districts in 13 Provinces of the country.
The Community Based Rehabilitation Worker (CBR-worker) is the responsible person in terms of implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation, recognition and integration of PwDs within community level; where awareness, training and linking PwDs with external service providers are key tools.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Minimum 12 grade School Graduation, bachelor’s degree in social science or community development or Education will be advantaged
3-4 years’ relevant community development, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization., experience in social mobilization is a must, experience in disability is an asset
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Pashto, both written and spoken, other local languages will be big asset,
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting, and budgeting.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- To be Afghan National.
3-4 years’ relevant community development, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization., experience in social mobilization is a must, experience in disability is an asset.
- SCA actively promote and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (CBR Worker– HRM/JRMO 44-21) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references are not needed to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test/interview.