- The Chief Compliance Officer who is independent in reporting functionally to Board of Supervisors and administratively to CEO is primarily responsible for overseeing and managing Compliance within the Bank ensuring that the Bank and its employees are complying with Regularity requirements, with internal and procedures. The CCO has to provide reasonable assurance to Senior Management and the Board of Supervisors that there are effective and efficient policies and procedure in place, well understood and respected by all employees for their compliance in letter and spirit. The incumbent will keep close liaison with the Audit Committee of the BoS and present Compliance report regularly. The Duties of Chief Compliance Officer interalia include. Developing the Annual compliance work plan of the Bank Providing guidance to the BoS, Senior Management, staff and employees on compliance Develop policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other anomalies without fear of retaliation. Developing a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of compliance program of Central Bank, and other global regulatory agencies Responding to Government investigations and queries as the principal point of contact Any other work allocated by Dy. CEO/CEO
Azizi Bank (www.azizibank.af) is a commercial bank set up in Afghanistan as per the terms of the licensing policy of Da Afghanistan Bank, the Central Bank of the Country. The Bank was granted license on 13th June 2006 and commenced operations from the same date. Azizi Bank, a product of Afghan vision and enterprise, has been promoted by Mr. ‘Mirwais Azizi of the Azizi Hotak Group & Family. Azizi Bank is the highest lender in the country, contributing to almost 40% of loan disbursed in the economy in different sectors of the country, especially in the areas of infrastructure lending, transmission lines and optical fibers. Bank has an aggressive policy for Financial Inclusion. Azizi Bank is also ranked the highest in the Country in terms of number of depositors. The Management team at the Bank is a mix of youth and experience and ably supported by a young & well-trained operating team aiming at transforming the banking scenario in the country by offering a truly professional and pleasurable experience to the customers. The bank today has 1750+ strong team of employees and with a 14% female work force, its playing a quiet but effective role in women’s emancipation and empowerment. Large investments have been made by the Bank in physical infrastructure and technology with a view to provide the right ambience and latest facilities to prospective customers as per international standards. The bank has 76 branches & 4 extension counters, thus playing a pioneering role in development of the banking culture in the country. The bank today has 100 ATMs spread across Kabul and the major Provinces of Afghanistan, which are all fully networked under Core Banking-Any Branch Banking and connected to a Centralized Database. By end of Dec 2020, the bank is poised to have 200 ATMs thereby emerging as the clear market leaders on the ATM network in Afghanistan. With its 100% subsidiary bank, Islamic Bank of Afghanistan (former Bakhtar Bank), the group has more than 145 branches and stands as the largest banking network in the Country. Azizi Bank’s business philosophy is based on five core values: Operational Excellence, Customer Focus, Product Leadership, People and Sustainability.
Required qualifications and skills:
- MBA/Relevant degree with specialization in Management/International Certification like CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer) will be an added advantage.
Having specialized ACAMs or other benefits such as international validity are certain.
- At least 5-7 Years progressive experiences for the said position with the senior role 5 Years experiences within a senior levels in Management and Managerial leadership
Managerial and Leadership Skills:
- A strong background in Management and employees’ supervision and leading diversify culture in the field of Operation.
Technology: Well familiar with all the usage digital systems that are required for the smote running of the above position. Smart Objectives/Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Manage & Run Compliance program of the bank. Respond to regulatory examination issues & inquiries. Compliance remediation and Review internal compliance processes and controls. Building better professional relationship with correspondent banks & other third party financial institutions. Responding on time and in effective and efficient manner. To ensure that required trainings are provided across all units of the bank, including senior Management, BOS. (i.e. from top to bottom. Effectively manage work and communicate with employees and other relevant departments like Internal Audit, Risk Management department & operations department to ensure compliance processes and operations meet required regulations. To take up the responsibilities & functions assigned by the BOS & Audit Committee.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 5-7 Years progressive experiences for the said position with the senior role
As per Organization Salary Structure
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than May 27, 2022 to email@example.com
The name of position and vacancy number must be written in the subject line of your email otherwise your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test.