Purpose of The Position:
Emergency response to food and nutrition security crisis in Kabul, Nangahar, Balkh, Samangan and Jawzjan Provinces is an emergency response project with a duration of two years, implementing at five provinces in Afghanistan. The Community Mobilizer have a key role in implementing project activities and making regular interaction like formal meeting and discussions with the communities: contacting community leaders, elderly, CDC members, share and update them on project objectives, interventions, and activities, and ensure their support in this regard.
- Ensure all necessary implementation of community mobilization activities particularly use of community resources.
- Work with other team members to select project beneficiaries, registration membership and mobilization
- Engage in relevant field works including observation, supervision of field works and distribution of inputs.
- Conduct field survey, collection of data, prepare reports and dissemination of information.
- Participates in need assessments, Participatory Rural Appraisals, feasibility studies, stakeholder analyses and community consultations.
- Mobilize communities prior to distributions of inputs, and/or specific training programs.
- Ensure, through daily dialogues and consultations, that the strategy followed by WHH, and the commitments of the various stakeholders are adhered to.
- Responsible for mainstreaming gender and equal opportunity for poor and marginal women, men and people with disability.
- Mobilize communities in realizing and maximizing beneficiary contribution and participation.
- Identify problems, challenges and barriers for project implementation, engage project team and requests support from other departments/ coordination team where necessary
- Participates in weekly meetings and daily planning meetings
- Provides weekly reports.
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany’s biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Qualifications and Education Requirement:
- At least 12th grade and university degree will be more preferred
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a related field
- Excellent knowledge of computer, and Microsoft Office package.
- Professional ethics and can follow office procedures
- Fluent in Dari and Pashtu and the local languages as well as good communication skills in English
- Previous relevant experience local or international organizations.
- Ability to work well under pressure in challenging conditions
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 2 years working experience in a related field
One year with Possibility of Extension
Per WHH Salary Scale
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database