Under the responsibility of the AHF project officer you will be responsible for: GENERAL:
The employee will respect the Handicap International procedures and standards at any time.
• Ensure the creation, functioning, update and maintenance of the project database
• Guarantee the accuracy of information contained in Database through:
• Data entry of new information in a timely manner
• Regular cross-checking of the information to avoid gaps, overlap or duplication
• Regular feedbacks to the team on potential mistakes on documents completion
• Produce on request relevant information extracted from the database, such as statistical figures, mapping or pre-filled reports
• Give inputs to the Support Emergency Coordinator to adjust the database format if needed or create new databases according to needs
• Ensure safe keeping of all data produced
• Compling referral beneficiaries data.
• Translation of beneficiry packs (General Assessment, PSS/PT assessment, Action Plan, Follow ups, Discharge sheets, Family, Group and recreational forms) from local language to English. Reporting
• Support the team members to correctly complete all documentation included in the “Beneficiary Pack”
• Ensure the data will be updated and analyzed on time for the good reporting
• Maintain a positive image of Handicap International at all times and in all circumstances.
• To prepare daily report for PM, weekly and monthly report for MEAL Co, Emergency Co Miscellanous
• Keep responsibility of hard files and all documentation related to the project
• According to needs, provide IT technical support to teams
HI seeks to support conflict and drought-affected highly vulnerable IDPs, returnees and host communities through the provision of emergency static and mobile support across Herat, Nimroz and Kandahar provinces, as well as by providing direct support to identified health facilities in target areas. This action ultimately aims to reduce the vulnerability to the health consequences of the drought, whilst enhancing communities’ positive coping mechanisms. It will do so by 1) Providing psychosocial support (PSS) services and psychosocial first aid (PFA) capacity building to communities whose levels of stress will intensify as a consequence of the drought. This will be done through both in-person (mobile and static teams) and remote support (helpline) to ensure broader outreach and follow-up of identified patients. In addition, HI will distribute tailored PSS kits to highly vulnerable identified cases which will enhance PSS provided during in-person sessions. 2) Scaling up COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) to enhance clear and consistent messaging through stakeholders’ and community representatives support and use of accessible IEC materials; 3) Increasing hygiene awareness in order to reduce highly vulnerable individuals and families’ exposure to COVID-related disease through the provision of hygiene education and hygiene kits; 4) Increasing health facilities’ capacity to respond to scaled-up healthcare needs by training identified health facilities’ staff in psychosocial first aid (PFA) and by supplying medical equipment to increase their capacity to respond without further straining existing resources. The action will target highly vulnerable individuals within at-risk populations due to the specificity of their needs – including people with disabilities, people experiencing psychosocial distress or mental health issues, etc.
University Degree (BCS) or Technical Diploma in a computer-related field
At least 2 years of professional experience with databases and merging of databases
Excellent Computer Skills, including knowledge of Excel (Access and Sphinx are an asset)
Experience in collecting information through assessments and evaluations is an asset Desirable:
Humanitarian NGO work is an asset
• Demonstrated communication, reporting and organizational skills
• Initiative/ creativity
• Willingness and ability to work in unstable contexts
• Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills
• Flexibility, and ability to work under pressure and in multicultural environments
• Ability to work in team autonomously
• Dynamism, high level of motivation
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 2 years of professional experience
5 months subjected to funding been secured
According to HI salary Scale
Please send your CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com
Note : Applications without mentioning the Position Title & Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email will NOT be considered.
– HI has got strong stand on protection of beneficiaries.
Disabled and female are particularly encouraged to apply
The Database Officer will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct”