Job Main Purpose:
Facilities electrician is responsible for the general upkeep of IRC buildings electrical system. S/he is required to inspect the premises regularly, conduct routine maintenance, perform repairs, and fix faulty wiring when necessary. S/he may also be required to replace electrical appliances in the building
The Facility Maintenance Electrician should have high-level problem-solving skills, extensive experience working with industrial electrical systems, and good communication skills. Ultimately, a top-class maintenance electrician ensures the smooth running of a building’s electrical system and resolves issues quickly and efficiently.
Main responsibilities Specific:
- Routinely inspecting electrical systems such as wiring, fixtures, and appliances and immediate fix them.
- Identifying faults or hazards in the properties and address the issue to the line manager for an immediate fix
- Troubleshooting electrical system failures ensuring electricity power is always sustainable within the IRC premises.
- To have the ability to fix/replace electrical cabling and wiring with standard performance
- Adhering to safety and performance standards
- Testing of electrical systems with electrical tester and find out defaults for repair.
- Conducting maintenance repairs on old or faulty fixtures of electrical system.
- Providing suggestions for electrical equipment, cabling replacement.
- Installing new electrical appliances in the building when necessary To understand the power and installation system of solar panels and recommend solar power standardization across IRC fields and Kabul.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrician At least 3-5 years progressive work experience in same field with commercial, UN or other NGOs Ability to write reports Ability to travel to IRC other field sites to fix electrical system Spoken and written English fluency preferably with command of Pashto and Dari.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
three to five years
End of Dec 2022 (Extendable)
NTA Grade G 1 to 3
Submission Email: AF-Recruitment@rescue.org