Summary of the position:
The Psychosocial Support (PSS)Counselor will be responsible for facilitating PSS activities for women, girls and boys. The PSS counselor needs to have knowledge and practical skills to carry out focused psychosocial support activities with women and girls at high risk vulnerability. He/ She will also be responsible to review the material for PSS and adjust the topics for children with the need of protection. PSS will Carry out a review of existing resources on the provision of psychosocial support to women at risk of and survivors of GBV and MHPSS in humanitarian settings in general.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop field activities plan in close coordination with project officer for target communities
- Review/ Make the PSS materials and adjust the topics in order to cover the needs of children in decreasing stress, trauma and depression.
- Assessing and identification of children ( boys and girls) for psychosocial support in target communities
- Schedule and conduct filed meetings with Community heads, influential figures, parents, teachers and other target beneficiaries
- Conduct psychosocial pre-developed training plans in target communities
- Familiarize with existing pathways or where necessary develop a system for referral cases and case management which are needing further support or other services
- Provide context related PSS support at the individual, family and community members
- Conduct Psychosocial group activities, adapted and appropriate to group’s specific needs and capacities
- Conduct individual session, group session and focus group discussion(FGD)
- When needed, work in close collaboration with community elders, community representatives and other relevant authorities to create and implement psychosocial activities in communities.
- Supporting community mobilizer to conduct awareness sessions to the project beneficiaries
- Any other project related task assigned by project officer.
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan and qurbani programs
- Bachelor of Psychology or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field
- Good communication skill
- Good computer skill
- Good interpersonal skill
- Proficiency in Pashto , Dari and English
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following email address: email@example.com
The closing date for accepting applications is 17 October 2020.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: Due to the urgent need of the role , the written test/ interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.