~Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Strategically guide the country office to align gender equality components as a cross-cutting issue across the organization system and programs.
• In Collaboration with SAL, develop capacity development plan to strengthen gender mainstreaming in the country office.
• Lead technical design, planning, financing and implementation of project of gender equality and women empowerment interventions at national level.
• Lead the effective implementation of planned objectives of Concern’s Gender Working Group.
• Provide strategic advice to strengthen organizational and program integration of gender equality and women empowerment mechanisms.
• Ensure the mainstreaming of gender in all project design and implementation plan.
• Actively support MSRP Food Security and Livelihood CDFs for the provision of technical assistance related to gender trainings and SHG interventions
• Manage day-to-day activity plans of the of three Food Security and Livelihood CDFs in three district for the accomplishment of gender trainings, SHGs activities and Cash grant follow up
• Provide technical support to female CDFs in planning community-level activities regarding income generation, small business development, and vocational training in accordance with the project log frame.
• Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to ensure regular data collection of indicators, regular monitoring of activities, and accurate activity and beneficiary tracking.
Reporting and Communication:
• Submit accurate monthly, quarterly work plans and reports related to gender trainings, SHGs and share with project manager
• Liaise with logistic and finance team for all logistical and financial related issues such as SR tracking, updating procurement plan and assuring of on time payments.
• Participating in stakeholders meeting at national and provincial level.
• Ensure government participation in key social events such as trainings, exposure visits, workshops etc. as appropriate
• Developing a gender equity-training curriculum based on the findings of the above survey.
• Train trainers and MSRP and other project CDFs in gender and equality issues.
• Support and train male and female SHGs members on gender attitudes and practices activities.
• Develop training modules on positive gender attitudes and behaviours among men and women, as well as other relevant topics.
• Responsible for regularly assessing the capacity requirements of various stakeholders and preparing training modules and aids to strengthen SHGs and its federations.
• Assess the capacity of SHGs using ratings and ensure their sustainability.
• Identify required support for the SHGs and establish linkages with external organisations including financial institutions
• Support the implementation of the ‘Gender Attitudes and Practices’ survey in target communities with the M&E unit.
• Conduct timely training on using SHG cash books, savings ledgers, individual passbooks, loan ledgers and other economic processes.
Gender Working Group:
• Concern Worldwide Afghanistan has an internal Gender Working Group. The gender trainer is expected to participate in GWG meetings, due to the nature of the activities they oversee
• As part of the GWG, attend monthly meetings, participate actively, promote gender equality internally, and input on the GWG’s strategic goals.
Coordination and Networking:
• Participate in Gender working groups, inter-agency task forces and other gender mainstreaming technical coordination meetings.
• Closely coordinate and work with key gender equality and women’s empowerment government stakeholders, UN agencies and other agencies.
• Gender training will closely work under the direct supervision of project manager and indirect with agriculture officer to facilitate gender and women empowerment issues for three CDFs in three district
• Participate in staff recruitments when requested
• Acting agriculture officer when he is going to leave or abroad
Monitoring and Impact Assessment:
• Provide field technical support to agriculture female CDFs in data gathering, including the design of practical participatory action research.
• Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to collect impact monitoring indicators and implement systems to understand, document and disseminate the impact of activities.
• Conduct field visits for monitoring purposes, independently of gender related activities
CHS & Emergency:
• Concern is committed to the Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) to ensure accountability to all stakeholders. Concern activities are guided by CHS in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we have an Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks. To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond.
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
~~Qualification & Experience:
Graduate of economy university / Social science or other gender related faculty
At least 5 years’ experience at gender related programs
Local knowledge is and staff management is an advantage
Competencies & Skills:
Computer skills preferred (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
Excellent Dari and English speaking and writing ability.
Possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Ability to work in remote communities throughout Takhar (Chah-ab & Namakab), and Badakhshan (Yawan) provinces.
Ability to work with community members and spend at least 60% of time in the field as committed
Reporting and Communication:
Develop and submit accurate monthly work plans and reports to Project Manager
Oral and written communication in Dari and other local languages
Experience using digital devices such as computer and DDG.
Ability to write reports and various correspondence in English language is an advantage.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 5 years’ experience at gender related p
~~Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in Kunduz, Faizabad, Yawan, Namakaab, Chahab and Kabul (Shari now, 5th Street of Qalai Fatullah, connected with Qalai Moosa) or through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line must be: (595/2020 Gender Specialist) or your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 20 Dec 2020