- Services of generators (Hospital and Guest house) renew the lubricating oil, coolant, and filters
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance.
- Keep the generators and surroundings (Inside of the generator room and outside of the generator room) clean.
- Refuel the generator regularly.
- Check the amount of the fuel in the day tank of generator
- General inspection of the loos parts, sign of corrosion on parts traces of carbon and deep cleaning
- To make sure the generators are working properly. Maintain and service the generators (Hospital Generators, Guest Houses Generators) on regular basis.
- Coordinate and explain the problems of generators within in charge of Generator Operators.
- Keep record of the fuel consumption of generator and submit the daily log sheet of the consumption to the office and ask your colleagues to provide you the report while they are on duty than you can submit them to office.
- Assist Logistic/Maintenance assistant for making monthly report of the consumption.
- Make sure when diesel is purchased contains high quality and quantity is according to purchasing request.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies
- Inspect building equipment and system to identify the issue and conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and system to ensure that everything is normal and up to standard
- Repair faulty equipment and damaged structure such as laundry machines, cleaning machines, motors and …
- Regular check of fire alarm, access control, public address, and camera systems
- Regular check of solar system including solar PV, inverters, and battery
- Perform additional tasks within the range of his knowledge and ability as required by supervisor
- Regular participations in on-call duty
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan.
Bachelor’s in electrical with three- year experience in generator operation or diploma in electrical plus five-year experience in generator operation
At least five-year related experience
Effective problem-solving abilities
- Must worked at generator workshops or in generator operation
- Fluency in English and Local Language(s)
- Flexible team player, tactfulness, clear understanding of working context.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings
- Ability to work 24 hours on shift
- Flexible team worker.
- Must have excellent communication skill.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least five-year related experience
1 year with possibility of extension
As per organization salary scale
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs in one PDF file while clearly mentioning the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (BMN-BPH-Generator Operator-001) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer.