- Follow-up with program team at the field levels to ensure all program activities are documented properly and shared with coordination team properly Support the programs by providing the update guideline, support tools Ensure that all program databases (APR etc.) are updated on monthly basis Analyze the program data, contribute to the correct progress of the programming in line with standard quality and share necessary information with HoD Participate in the analysis of activity reports Contribute to the identification of the intervention areas and needs of interventions Participate in the proposal writing
Mission 2: Support the mission in the definition of a needs-based and locally adapted sectorial strategy and programming
- Participate in the development of the country strategy Follow-up of the humanitarian situation in the intervention areas Participate in the planning of assessments in the new/existing intervention areas Contribute to the coordination between the different technical department WASH, MHCP, FSL, ERM Support logistic if need on pharmacy management, nutritional inputs management
Mission 3: Oversee the partnership with the organizations in charge of the supplies (drugs, RUTF, RUSF, CSB, and oil from UNICE, and WFP)
- Ensure agreement protocols with the nutrition and health programme partners such as WFP, UNICEF are updated and follow up on reports. Facilitate timely renewal of the MOU’s between AAH & WFP and other partners and timely orders of products. Prepare and send monthly and quarterly supply request to PND/UNICEF and WFP Follow-up with UNICEF & WFP for timely delivery of supplies to the project locations. Follow-up distribution of medicine and supplies to the bases Communicates with the logistics departments in order to have a good follow up of the supply management at the bases (supply requests, stocks, pharmacy, etc.).
Mission 4: Support the communication and advocacy strategy in carrying technical advocacy on Nutrition, including external representation and relations
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the mission advocacy strategy, including development of the nutrition but not limited to objective setting, key messaging, and stakeholder analysis.
- Provide technical review for nutrition advocacy documents where requested by the advocacy department
- Liaise with the advocacy department to identify advocacy opportunities in line with the mission strategic plan and the advocacy strategic plan
- Assist the advocacy department to cultivate stakeholder relations
Mission 5: Support the HoD for sound participation in external relation and coordination with respective nutrition stakeholders
- Represent ACF in different clusters and technical working groups, also all meetings indicated by the HoD
- Participate actively in clusters and Technical Working Groups meetings (both health and nutrition) and provide necessary input to support the partners technically
- Participate to any other task in relation to the specific programs and representation
- Participate to the elaboration of MOU for ministry and different partners
- Coordinate with PND, support liaison officer on ministerial relation
- Coordinate with different implementing partners (IP BPHS, DoPH…) at Kabul level and participate in meeting them as requested.
Mission 6: Contribute to the development, implementation and management (including reporting) of Health and Nutrition Interventions and support on Human resource development
- Organize and lead department level project, launch meetings with the health and nutrition project managers- implementation plans, budget utilization, procurement launch, budget forecasting etc. in collaboration with the HOD. Support the recruitment of program staff to support activities as identified necessary. Under the guidance of the HOD, update JD of project staffs proposed for the nutrition and health intervention Ensuring the registration of New staffs and MHTs on health system Provide support in identifying HR needs for the implementation of the health and nutrition activities in collaboration with the Capacity Building coordinator.
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
- MD, Graduation in Nutrition or bachelor degree in relevant field At least 5 years of field experience in Nutrition and Public Health
- Strong computer skills, especially data analyses software Good communication skills – verbal and written (English and National language) Independent, critical mind and pro-activity Flexibility and organization Ability to work with a team Experience in training (master trainers) To support the Head of Department in Proposal writing and reporting Developing the mission strategy and nutrition programming Support communication and advocacy in line with ACF’s mandates Participate in external relation and coordination with health and nutrition stakeholders Supporting the different programs and field teams on health and nutrition
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
one year with possibility of extension
Based on AAH salary scale
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department office or can also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later 13th of December-2021. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience. In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened. Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. Note: Action against Hunger is committed to the prevention of risks related to abuse, sexual exploitation and the promotion of gender equality and its diversity. The mission Afghanistan encourages the application of the women / men / disabled workers / Senior / others>. Action against Hunger’s recruitment process is free of charge, no compensation of any form shall be requested from a candidate. It reflects the major policies and its charter through its professionalism and impartiality. If you observe behavior in opposition to these values during this process, please report it to the appropriate teams.