- Major Responsibilities: Ensure all data is cleaned and entered health databases in a timely manner Ensure all manual forms are appropriately filled Enter data into indicator tracking sheets as required and submitting to Sr. HIS Manager on weekly base Helping Sr. HIS Manager for the development of all required reports.
- Review and analyze data to graphically present utilization trends based on monitoring indicators In-conjunction with the Health Manager, conduct spot checks of data at field sites to verify data quality Provide training to health staff on data collection and reporting tools as required Create a feedback mechanism of data results and share with other members of the health team Submit data on a weekly and monthly basis with explanatory notes and or clarifications to the Sr. HIS Manager Entry of MIAR, FSR and any other related report into DHIS2 database of MoPH Contribute to the timely production of donor reports Follow best practices for data collection, confidentiality and safe storage and sharing of files and electronic data Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Degree in information management/technology and systems, computer science, data science, MD or a related field
- Minimum 2-4 years previous experience working with information systems management, monitoring and evaluation, database development and HMIS/HIS; NGO experience is an advantage. Statistics, data analysis all relevant areas of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry and data management.
- Good Knowledge of Computers and Microsoft Office Applications and in particular Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience working for an NGO or other non-profit organization.
- Excellent organization skills: the ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion and diplomacy. Ability to be innovative, flexible, and adaptive.
- Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high pressure situations. Fluency in English
- Prior working experience with statistical packages is added advantage. Working experience with International NGOs or similar set-up Experience of working in medical reporting
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-4 years relevant
12 Months + Extension
NTA Salary Scale (Grade D, Step 1-3)
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org) Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10