- Manage all HR functions including but not limited to orientation, Staff contracts and contracts renewal administration, benefits entitlements, insurance, Changes in status, leave administration, performance management and staff exit management. Monitor all recruiting activities, and participate in interviews as required, to ensure transparency and timely recruitment Ensure the timely conduct of performance and salary evaluations for every National Staff member based on anniversary date. Operate and maintain the computerized payroll system ensuring the accurate and timely production of payroll records including salary slips, banking slips and data able to be integrated with the general ledger system. Advise National Staff on policy issues and assist them in the interpretation of the National Staff policies and procedures. Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure compliance and all legal obligations are fulfilled. Follow-up disciplinary measures and related employment law matters are properly applied. Coordinate, supervise and implement all payroll activities for the field Office. Liaise with Finance and Kabul office to plan activities and resolve problems related to payroll processing or payments. Prepare the monthly HR reports that includes HR strategy Metrics. Bi-Monthly Management report, statistic and HRIS. Process and verify staff timesheets and send the scanned copies on monthly basis to Kabul HR Department. Assist managers in disciplinary actions including ensuring all required documentation is completed and kept on file. Ensuring staff records are complete and available for inspection. Ensure compliance with all relevant Afghanistan law (as instituted). Ensure the accurate tracking of National Staff benefits including the maintenance of complete and authorized forms to support leave taken/absence for: Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Maternity Leave, Comp time off. Oversee facilities services, maintenance, lease agreements and other relevant activities Maintain up to date properties lease agreements and share with Kabul HR Admin Department the lease tracker. Travel and accommodation arrangement for IRC staff and assist travellers to/from field office with information on per diem entitlements (IRC Afghanistan) and processing of per diem requests. Develop and implement a filing system for travel and other related activities Follow up and complete the custom clearance paperwork for any good/item IRC sent to/receive from abroad
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor. Coach, train, and mentor HR staff / Incentive workers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance. Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Field Coordinator and/or Country Director. Report any violations of the IRC Code of Conduct. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members. Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers. Carries out other duties as assigned by your supervisor. Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication among IRC staff. Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure compliance with existing legal and governmental reporting requirements. Ensure all legal obligations are fulfilled
Staff Performance Management and Development:
- Coach, train, and mentor HR staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or relevant Proven experience in Personnel Management Proven accounting, payroll, and personnel management skills Excellent English and Dari/Pashtu Must have computer skills. 5 Years’ Experience in working with international INGOs Good organizational, diplomatic, and reporting skills Ability to work under pressure. Excellent cross-cultural skills: prior experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an added advantage.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 Years relevant
Grade C Step 1-3 NTA Salary Scale
Note: Candidates who tested/interviewed and applied previously will not be given chance again into the contest. interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us at (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org) Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10