Prepare handouts and teaching materials for students using power point slides and other multimedia sources.
• Preparing lectures and presenting to students utilizing innovative Technology.
• Developing and implementing new methods of teaching to reflect changes in teaching methodology.
• Designing, preparing and developing teaching materials;
• Assessing students’ coursework;
• Setting and marking examinations papers;
• Undertaking personal research projects and actively contributing to the institution’s research.
• Supervising students’ research activities;
• Completing continuous professional development (CPD) and participating in staff training activities;
• Carrying out administrative tasks related to the department, such as student admissions, induction programs and involvement in committees and boards.
• Representing the institution at professional conferences and seminars, and contributing to these as necessary.
• Contributing to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
• Drafting and giving periodic test and final test and work out a system where all those marks contribute to the final grading.
• Devising, write and produce new materials including audio and visual resources.
Working with the rest of the team to decide about the audio-visual material to be taught.
• Making sure the attendance is taken every day and poor attendance is reported to the management.
• Submitting monthly student progress report to the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Faculty.
Bakhtar University (BU) is one of the Afghanistan’s oldest and most prestigious privately held institutions. It was established in 2005 from a small beginning at Kabul Polytechnic University, through its current location at Kart-e-Char. Bakhtar University is now recognized as being an integral part of Kabul. As an independent Afghanistan institution of higher education, BU as the first established privately held institution has been recognized with excellent and high quality programs comparable to its international affiliates such as Ataturk University, University of Putra Malaysia George town University, USA and Indira Gandhi National Open Universities India. BU is pioneer in offering Master Degree program for the first time in Afghanistan and it is pioneer in providing quality education in finance, accounting and management. The university has made a significant impact in the field of higher education by reaching out to large section of the population with a range of diverse and relevant programs that are of high quality and affordable. Since its Inception, the University has attracted approximately over 6500 students in various disciplines and enjoy the quality academic experience. BU offers a variety of specialists in postgraduate and undergraduate in the areas of Business, Finance and Information Technology, Law, Political Science, Engineering, Journalism which are directly linked to the human resource needs of the Afghanistan. All BU degree programs are accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education Afghanistan and are also audited by The American accreditation system USA. The internationally recognized qualifications enable Bakhtar graduates to pursue rewarding careers Afghanistan’s burgeoning employment market. Because of high quality teaching program, BU students are currently placed in prominent positions in both the public and private sectors across the country and the region.
The applicants must have the following qualifications
· Master Degree with at least 3 years of professional experience in a reputed educational institutions (PhD holder will be Preferred).
• Language Skills: Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari.
• Computer Skills: Knowing office automation (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
• Personal Competencies: Must be hard worker, honest, punctual, and regular while having strong communication and teaching skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Being able to communicate with students from various backgrounds.
Having high attention to students and their academic needs.
• Having good knowledge about subject area.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be short listed;
Address: Kart-e-Char Opposite to Ministry of Higher Education