- Ensure adherence with NRC and donor policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Plan and organize day to day procurement tasks and ensure that all activities pertaining to procurement function at Badghis Field Office are carried out efficiently.
- Ensure that right goods and services are procured as per specifications requested and keep the Requesting Department fully engaged from start to finish of the procurement process.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost-efficiency focus in all procurement processes
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management in weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain procurement files and ensure that all documents related to procurements are securely kept/filed.
- Identify suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of Programme implementation in accordance with NRC logistics Guidelines.
- Assess, negotiate and issue purchase orders & contracts to suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in accordance with NRC value for money principles
- Responsible for preparing of vouchers of all financial transaction according to PR / invoice and relevant supporting documents, Document and records management
- Receiving of cash advance for small purchasing and responsible for advance clearance with finance department, prepare RFQ, bid analysis and bid committee meeting minutes
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment,
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialize in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people’s rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies. Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council. Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
NRC Afghanistan established operations in 2003, and currently maintains five area offices in Balkh, Hirat, Kabul, Kandahar, and Nangarhar, as well as field offices in hard-to-reach, displacement-affected provinces: Badghis, Faryab, Khost, Kunar, Kunduz, Nimroz, Sar-e Pul, and Uruzgan. NRC employs over 1,400 staff in Afghanistan, and works through direct implementation of programmes, to provide both emergency response and durable solutions for internally displaced Afghans, as well as returning Afghan refugees, and Waziristan refugees in southeastern Afghanistan.
The Logistics Assistant will work under the supervision of Logistics Officer in Badghis Field Office. She is responsible for logistical daily tasks which are mentioned in further detail as bellow. Such as procurement and other tasks which assign by his/her supervisor.
How to Apply:
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the NRC people site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2021-016) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: Mohammadsamim.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested qualified candidates can also submit their hard copy CVs with a Cover Letter stating the position title (VA-2021-016) number; to below addresses:
NRC Badghis Office Address: Dist. #2, Dahan Baqak, in front of Sarai-e-Soheil.