The Medical specialist is responsible for quality of health care in entire sections of provincial hospital.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Medical specialist organizes and coordinates medical services and services provided by other professionals as they relate to patient care (i.e. ensure the availability of drugs and expendables materials).
- He oversees evaluation and management of clinical practices within the department and gives advice to the hospital director to improve the practices and guarantee the medical quality of the facility
- He participates in decision making to improve the quality of medical care during Hospital Management Board (HMB)
- He develops and implements policies, procedures and best practices and makes sure that they are in compliance with national laws and MoPH guidelines.
- He ensures that the HMIS data are properly collected according to MoPH guidelines and that the official HMIS files are correctly filled.
- He makes sure that all medical providers employed possess the necessary credentials, education, and experience to offer care to patients.
- He participates in the development and conduct of in-service training programs.
- He prepares duty rosters for all doctors in consultation with hospital director
- He participates in workshops and all medical meetings conducted by MRCA /OHPM
- He participates in morning report on regular basis and prepare report on monthly basis
Medical Refresher Courses for Afghans (MRCA) is a non-religious and independent French Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in Paris in 1986. MRCA began the implementation of health projects in Afghanistan in 1993, in collaboration with the Afghan Ministry of Health (MoPH), and intending to help to facilitate national health services and capacity building through staff training.
MRCA’s overall mission is to contribute to the reduction of mortality and morbidity in Afghanistan, through the development of a strong and quality health care system that is accessible to all and through staff capacity building with relevant and effective training. A strategic emphasis has been developed on health facilities management, improved ability of hard-to-reach populations to access health services alongside national health care services capacity building through training for basic health care staff and health workers.
- Medical Doctor graduate with specialist degree in curative medicine
- At least four years full time working experience in hospital
- Strong communication and local and English language skills
Relief International Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
· At least four years full time working experie
based on organization salary scale
please submit a cover letter, CV, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email subject line should include the following:
“Medical Specialist” Vacancy (MRCA-282).
Failure to do so will result in rejected applications.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.