The Project M&E Officer will be responsible to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plan including setting up and maintaining monitoring system and database with data collected from the field to support evidence based monitoring
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Job Responsibilities 01: Take a leading role in the preparation of field reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
With the technical advice of M&E Manager (to be recruited) and Project Manager prepare and regularly update monitoring formats, and train field staff in their use as required
Actively participate in designing questionnaires and facilitate and conduct final evaluation and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages like pre- during and post monitoring of the project activities.
- Coordinating the process for collecting information required for various reports to project focal point in Australia and Project Manager, involving the monthly collection of data from the field and the data compilation, tabulation, analysis and presentation of the collected data in prescribed formats
- Liaise with local partners` field staff and M&E Manager (to be recruited), and ensure that required data and information is received in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Take a leading role in the design, modification and maintenance of the M&E databases to ensure that the data is relevant, current and easily accessible
- Entering routine monitoring and survey data, and regularly spot check the accuracy of data supplied and subsequently entered by others
- Assist in the development of questionnaires, surveys and monitoring reports for use in the field
- Actively participate in teams formed to undertake surveys, studies, evaluations and impact assessments of project work and document learning from the processes used
- Conduct regular visit to all villages in the targeted district to verify on ground progress, train field staff in data collection and monitoring techniques and feedback any impressions and assessments to the Project Manager
- In consultation with the Project Manager, conduct independent research into various aspects of the main technical sectors and draft reports for approval of the Project Manager
- Produce progress reports based on the work plan, with qualitative and evaluative inputs from the various sectors under the project
- Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news, success stories as may be decided upon from time to time
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Project Manager
Job Responsibilities 02: Provide technical assistance/support and capacity building of field staff on different M&E formats used under the project
- Facilitate and deliver trainings/information sessions to local partners on different formats used for collection of data in the field
- Ensure the collected data is in its accurate form and supplied on timely manner
- Support the team in developing different M&E formats and questionnaires for the collection of data from the field
Job Responsibilities 03: Coordination with local partner and teammates
- Overall coordination of M&E related matters with local partners, Project Manager and relevant departments as required
- Support the team and provide relevant quantitative and qualitative information as required to develop various reports
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline (statistics, social sciences, development studies or any other relevant subject)
- Demonstrated ability to design and prepare monitoring plan and its implementation.
- Proven strategic and operational management ability and inter-personal skills; team player; problem solving skills
- Proven skills in data management, data preservation and other computer programs.
- Good English and Dari skills
- Strong report writing and knowledge management skills
- Good understanding of all phases of the project management cycle, particularly project monitoring and evaluation systems
- Experience in writing case studies, stories of change and other promotional material.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good analytical and report writing skills and proficient in the use of standard computer software such as MS Word, Excel and internet communication.
- Knowledge and previous experience in the human rights based approach and gender sensitive programming an advantage.
At least 3 years of experience with international NGOs or local civil society organization in the implementation of rural development projects, with 2 years in M&E role
- Able to design and implement Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, tools and formats
- Ability to analyze the collected data and generate quality reports
- Skill of understanding others very well
- Communication and interpersonal skills
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years of experience in M&E
4 Months with possibility of extension
35000 AFN/Month including all benefits
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 12, 2022. Please clearly indicate M&E Officer-776 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.