To assess nutritional status of all under 5 year children and pregnant and lactating women
Objective 1: Screening of all under 5 children and PLW and registration into the program:
- Conduct systematic screening to all U5 children (Edema, MUAC, Height and Weight) and PLW (MUAC & Edema) in selected communities.
- Conduct growth monitoring for all children U2 coming to the OPD-SAM and OPD-MAM services once in a month.
- Maintain and update the screening, OPD-MAM and OPD-SAM register books on a daily basis
- Introduce children and PLW who meet admission or discharge criteria to Nurse.
- Identify children who are absents and defaulted from the program and conduct home visits in coordination with the promoters
Objective 2: Distribution of nutrition commodities among SAM/MAM beneficiaries.
- Conduct appetite test to all MAM and SAM children admitted in the program
- Conduct health education sessions for mothers/caregivers of all children admitted in the program
- Distribute RUSF and RUTF rations to all SAM children according to the guidelines
Objective 3: Represent AAH
- The professional image of his/her AAH programme Respect for the principles and values of AAH in the framework of the partnership
- Respect AAH charter
- Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and to populations the activities and the objectives of the programs;
Objective 4: any other tasks which may be given by the Supervisor
- Support other team members with basic MHT tasks (screening, registration of patients, crowd control, etc. …)
- Support team in ensuring timely and high quality reports
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department office or can also be emailed to:
email@example.com no later 23th of December 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title, vacancy number and the base (province and district) you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer.
Action against Hunger is committed to the prevention of risks related to abuse, sexual exploitation and the promotion of gender equality and its diversity. The mission Afghanistan encourages the application of the women / men / disabled workers / Senior / others>. Action against Hunger’s recruitment process is free of charge, no compensation of any form shall be requested from a candidate. It reflects the major policies and its charter through its professionalism and impartiality. If you observe behavior in opposition to these values during this process, please report it to the appropriate teams.