The Operations Assistant will closely work with the Operations Specialist and Regional Director and is responsible for day to day operations. The duration of the position is for 5 months during this period he/she will perform the following tasks under the direct supervision of Regional Director:
Assisting in budget preparation
· Managing records and receipts
· Reconciling daily and monthly transactions
· Preparing balance sheets
· Program payments and reconciliation of payment sheets
· Petty cash distribution
· Filling out paperwork and filing records
· Assist regional team in daily office functions, including clerical, and administrative duties
· Keep record of fuel and mileage of the generator
· Help in office and equipment maintenances
· Procure and monitor office equipment and supplies
· Keep the inventory record updated
· Help the office staff with providing the transportation to the related provinces and districts
· Provide operations related support to the grantees in the regions
Mazar and being able to travel to the nearby provinces.
DAI is implementing the USAID funded Musharikat project across Afghanistan, working in all 34 provinces with the goal of increasing the equality and empowerment of women throughout the country. Musharikat will provide opportunities for women’s rights activists and groups to jointly identify and carry-out discreet advocacy and public awareness campaigns designed to influence local, provincial and national public policies banning harmful social practices, advance women’s welfare and opportunities by specifically building a constituency supportive of women’s rights.
Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position OR
· Baccalaureate with 5 years of overall experience
· At least 2 years of working experience for USAID projects
· Prior experience in office administration, logistics, operations and finance
· Ability to work under pressure and in a multi-tasking environment
· Computer literate
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
· Oral and written fluency in English and Pashtu, Dari desirable.
· Being able to travel to the nearby provinces.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Grade E of the NTA salary Scale
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with the position name (Operations Assistant/STTA) in the subject line, by email to DAIMusharikat@DAI.com
To apply for any of Musharikat vacancies, please make sure you put the title on the subject of your email, or your application will be disregarded by the system.
Please note that applications received after the closing date and without Subject line will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview.
Ps. Females are highly encouraged to apply for the DAI /Musharikat Open positions.