- Organize the reception of goods to the stores and the loading into vehicles when any transfer of stock is undertaken; When receiving goods, verify the quantity of the goods and check the accordance with the waybill. Any problem (missing materials, broken materials…) must be noted and informed to the Project Officer and store keeper. Sign the waybill, with relevant comments, keep a copy, and give the other copy to the driver; When dispatching goods, fill the waybill, sign it and give it to the driver. The return of the waybill must be demanded, with a signature from the recipient.
Pharmaceutical Inventory Management:
- Ensure the quality of all medical supplies (drugs, medical devices, hospital and laboratory materials and equipment), the relevance and the coordination of the supply chain (including storage and distribution of drugs) Ensure compliance with Good Storage Practices for drugs as well as daily monitoring of temperatures and humidity Ensure compliance of pharmaceutical practices with national regulations Management of quarantined / destroyed drugs and management of medical waste disposal Participate in drug and medical device inventories
- Ensure the maintenance and the cleanliness of the storage areas; Only let authorized staff into the storage areas; Responsible for the keys, and the safety of the goods/well packed during his shift; During his shift, make any storage areas users respect the safety regulations; At the end of his shift, ensure that all access from/into the stores are secured and that a proper handover is done with the Storekeepers if applies; Suggest improvements to the Storekeepers to increase safety and proper storage conditions of the items.
- Ensure the maintenance of the equipment
Human Resource Management
- Supervise the daily workers for any activity related to the store and during loading and offloading of vehicles; Follow up the daily workers attendance sheets during his shift; Organize with his line manager the payment of the daily workers at the end of the work period; Inform the Project Officer in advance of the need for any warehouse workers; Ensure that the daily workers understand and apply HI rules as long as they are inside the compound.
- Assist the Store Keeper in the preparation of weekly stock reports and stock checks, and communicate any inventory discrepancies to the Store Keeper and ; Assist the Store Keeper in the preparation of monthly inventories and monthly stock reports. Data reporting and analysis of consumption Record and report problems encountered Focal point for communication with medical staff of NGOs partners
HI has been supporting the Afghan people since 1987, starting its operations in Pakistan. Since 1996, HI has been operating across Afghanistan in order to launch victim assistance interventions, working at different levels of the society and adopting a cross-sectoral approach. While present on the ground to directly support victims of the conflict through the provision of a range of services – from physical rehabilitation, to mine risk education and inclusive livelihoods – HI has been continuously advocating to increase the rights of victims and other people with disabilities in the country. In particular, and in line with its global strategy and priorities, HI has been advocating to reduce the use of landmines and conventional weapons. Acknowledging the need to respond to the urgent emergency crises combined with longer term, chronic gaps in the provision of services, HI has steadily expanded its range of activities and services in order to support the most vulnerable people, enhancing their resilience while strengthening participation and inclusion of all individuals.
- Ability to communicate in English, Dari (and Pashto if possible).
- Ability to read and write in English
- Qualification in the field of logistics Pharmaceutical knowledge Knowledge of Good Storage Practices for medicines and medical devices and national legislation
- Experience of managing a team
- 1 years’ experience in the storage (NGO or private company) High analytical and logical capacity.
- Easy to calculate.
- Dynamic, stress-resistant, meticulous and leadership. Experience in an international NGO is a plus
- Ability to prioritise and take responsibility, strong organisational skills Real motivation to work in the humanitarian sector Autonomy and ability to work in a team *This position is pending donor approval
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 1 years experience in storage with NGO’s or private company
6 month with extension possibility
Based on Organization salary scale
Please send your CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note : Applications without mentioning the Position Title & Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email will NOT be considered. Disabled & Females are particularly encouraged to apply – HI has got strong stand on protection of beneficiaries.”The Pharmacy Wharehouse Officer will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct”