Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to Procurement officer and is responsible to provide efficient and on time support on the management of procurement functions for IRC’s office in Kabul and fields. The position will support the procurement process of Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific responsibilities include:
• The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
• Attend all the procurement meetings as directed by the supervisor.
• Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
• Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
• Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
• Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipments required are delivered in time.
• Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers/vendors.
• Maintain vendor information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
• Provide procurement support to procurement and program staff as required.
• Advise the procurement officer of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
• Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisor
• Provide on-time monthly reports to the Procurement officer
• Generate and / or maintain an IRC Pre-qualified Vendor database.
• Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipments purchased by IRC
• Submit monthly list of commitments to procurement officer
• Produce routine purchase status reports to Procurement officer, program (BHs) and Finance.
• Maintain the IRC Purchase Request Tracking Sheet, Payment tracking sheet, Contract tracking sheet, and submit along with other procurement related routine reports to procurement officer/manger
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
• Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
• Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration or similar field with at least 3-5 years of NGO and other UN agencies work experience in procurement/Supply Chain/Logistics
• Good command of English and Dari and / or Pashtu
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Computer skills
• Flexibility: ability to work under pressure.
• Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to travel to the field sites to provide support to Supply Chain Staff
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
two to three year
one year, extendable
NTA Grade F step 1 to 5
Submission Email: AF-Recruitment@rescue.org