Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing payments and receipt vouchers for all expenses.
- Getting approval for all payments and receipts.
- Follow up on advance settlement and assure that it is complied with NAC Financial Policy.
- Ensure that all payments are attached with high quality supporting documents.
- Helping Ghazni finance with preparing correct/complete and accurate supporting documents for all cash and bank vouchers
- Making sure the petty cash having all required documents such as: PRs, Payment request, Quotations, comparative matrix, and other required documents based on NAC procurement threshold and finance manual.
- Make sure the physical cash count by weekly and monthly.
- Well plan for cash and bank management.
- Supporting finance department in making sure the vouchers are prepared in accordance with Rules of NAC.
- Good filling system for financial records, receipt /payments and supporting documents.
- Helping Ghazni finance with scanning of all finance monthly documents.
- Other assigned tasks as appropriate and required.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security and Job Creation and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
Language requirements, if any:
- Diploma in Accounting, BBA, or any other relevant field.
- Bachelor degree in the relevant field is preferable.
- 6 months professional work experience as finance intern. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO, or an international organization is preferred.
- Good knowledge of English language and computer Office programs
- Good organization behavior
- Excellent verbal communication
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
6 months professional work experience as finance intern. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO, or an international organization is preferred.
As per NAC salary scale
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No application will be considered after the closing date of the vacancy.
The priority will be given to the field applicants (Duty station of the vacancy)