Main Objective: Under the supervision of the project officer, the Project Assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Afghanistan by assisting the PO in the implementation of project(s) according to the programme plans, internal procedures, and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints. It is a national position.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all programmatic, administrative, financial and HR information.
Support the Project Officer in the implementation and management of project(s) following the work plan, budget(s), donor requirements, and internal procedures;
- Support project officer in monitoring the security situation, preparing risk assessments and suggesting mitigating measures and following up on incidents as necessary;
II. Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Assist Project Officer in preparing report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents.
- Support the Project officer in quality assurance of project implementation and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget and procedures;
- Manage safe-keeping of information and knowledge, including filing of programme documents and materials;
- Report relevant activities to PO to better encode activities reports into KOBO system.
- Assisting PO to prepare meeting minutes, field mission reports and risk assessment.
- Prepare meeting notes and documentation.
III. Communications & External relations
- Support PO with facilitating and arranging the meeting with relevant stakeholders and senior management;
- Supporting PO with conducting trainings and IHL/ HIRL forum in provincial level;
- Coordinate and arrange meetings for PC and senior management;
- Assisting PO in drafting speaking points and messages for PM and other country team members;
- Assist project officer in preparing material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives
IV. Other Duties
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences, seminars and other fora of interest to the organisation;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, email);
Experience in reporting, monitoring and research
Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and capacity for in-depth analysis
Experience in developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and working in a neutral and objective manner
Required: Excellent English and Pashto
Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and confidentiality
Strong logic and organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to change
Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills
Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment;
Accuracy and reliability, ability to meet deadlines under pressure
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 3 years in a similar position. Experience with international organizations is preferred.
3 Months (Possibility of Extension)
Based on GC salary Scale
To apply, please send your cover letter your CV in PDF format, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Project Assistant – xx province ” no later than deadline
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and the posting will be closed as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
Please mention the name of the position and Province Name (Project Assistant – XX Provice) in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.