The Project Coordinator is working under direct supervision of Project Manager for coordination and quality control emergency/women empowerment programs in accordance with the core values and principles of the organization and the Country Strategic Plan.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide technical support to Project staff in the development and implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate to provide timely information on any slow and rapid onset occurs in the field / AAA coverage areas.
- Participate in emergency and UN-cluster coordination meeting and lead to carry out rapid assessment.
- Ensure beneficiary / emergency affected population for the project activities.
- Ensure that Project is planned, implemented, and managed with technical, logistical, and administrative support.
- Provide support to the project teams to develop and revise strategic plans to align with the country strategy.
- Accountable for oversight of monitoring, budget utilization, preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Assist Project Managerin responding to the enquiries of a technical nature from field staff, government, donor and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the annual Participatory Review and Reflection Process, and the subsequent preparation of Project plans for the coming year, in accordance with AAI guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the development of project proposals in accordance with the donor guidelines, including the facilitation of inputs from the field.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, ensure enquiries from donors are responded to promptly and that good quality project reports are prepared and submitted on time.
- In consultation with the Project Manager, organize and facilitate meetings and workshops with relevant staff to guide Project direction and enhance Project performance.
- Undertake regular visits to field and project sites to support implementation, validate monitoring reports and assess capacity needs of field staff.
- Effective project delivered with impact in line with agreed objectives.
- Actively encourage and facilitate the documentation of good practice and lessons learned in the field and ensure that this information is shared throughout the country Project.
- Guide the process for identifying, reviewing or and developing indicators for measuring progress and impact of project interventions. Such performance indicators are to be developed in consultation with the relevant Project teams.
- Support and train Project and project staff members to undertake end line surveys, evidence-based assessments and both qualitative and quantitative data analyses to measure and document Project/project effectiveness in accordance with HRBA guidelines.
- Ensure that data collection and analyses is shared with Project staff and include a focus on gender issues.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing progress and final reports, together analyzing these in terms of problems and actions needed.
- Engage with government to appraise about AA’s work and to feed it into government planning processes: Represent AAA in GOA meetings at the provincial, District and village level to appraise them of AAA’s work to garner support in smooth implementation of projects.
- Attend to stakeholder meetings as advised by line manager.
- Ensure compliance with any GOA requirements at the provincial, district and village level for effective implementation.
- Represent AA Afghanistan; undertake all such actions that are required to further AA role in the country and the federation and undertake assignments as directed by the line manager.
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in rural development, social sciences, or any other related field.
- 4 years working experience in women empowerment and income generation projects preferably with INGOs.
- Strong management, supervision, and coordination skill
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and regular monitoring of activities.
- Excellent communication, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Highly adaptable to work in multi-cultural environment with matrix management mechanism in the organization.
- Excellent skills of networking and collaboration—internally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding and practical skills of project monitoring and report preparation skills.
- Good understanding and skill on financial management, budgeting, and budget monitoring skills along with efficiency in project resource management.
- A critical thinker having ability to add value to project quality, sustainability and exit processes.
- Ability to work under pressure to deal with multiple priorities and meet the hard deadlines of tasks and responsibly.
- Understanding on contemporary development issues at the national, regional, and global level including rights-based programming approaches.
- Sensitive and responsive to child protection issues, anti-sexual harassment, and anti-terrorism issues as a general principle as a professional under ActionAid development endeavor.
- Staff development and performance monitoring skills with sensitivity to staff wellbeing issues given the security and other relevant context of development environment in Afghanistan.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
4 years working experience in women empowerment
Salary is negotiable
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to email@example.com before March 13, 2021. Please clearly indicate Project Coordinator-728 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.