PURPOSE OF POSITION
Helping to Make a Significant Personal Change. Psychiatry helps give an individual the power to make major changes in their life, and to help target the exact issues relating to their mental or behavioral health challenges.
- Review patients’ medical history and collect additional information from family members and psychologists as needed
- Evaluate patients’ emotional, behavioral and mental state through discussion, observation and analysis
- Identify mental disorders and determine best treatments
- Develop therapy plans
- Prescribe medications
- Analyze medical tests and track patients’ progress
- Coordinate with healthcare professionals when hospitalization is required
- Advise patients on how to cope with mental diseases and emotional breakdowns
- Support patients’ loved ones and inform them about the patient’s condition
- Research medical issues and new medical treatments to update your knowledge on mental healthcare
Medical Refresher Courses for Afghans (MRCA) is a non-religious and independent French Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in Paris in 1986. MRCA began the implementation of health projects in Afghanistan in 1993, in collaboration with the Afghan Ministry of Health (MoPH), and intending to help to facilitate national health services and capacity building through staff training.
MRCA’s overall mission is to contribute to the reduction of mortality and morbidity in Afghanistan, through the development of a strong and quality health care system that is accessible to all and through staff capacity building with relevant and effective training. A strategic emphasis has been developed on health facilities management, improved ability of hard-to-reach populations to access health services alongside national health care services capacity building through training for basic health care staff and health workers.
- Work experience as a Psychiatrist
- In-depth knowledge of various psychotherapeutic methods
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions to a non-medical audience
- Strong observation skills to accurately evaluate patients’ demeanor and identify symptoms
- A great bedside manner and the ability to remain calm, empathetic and patient while interacting with patients who suffer from severe mental disorders
- Thoughtful and compassionate
- MD or Doctor of Medicine
- Certification from the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS)
- Residency program in Psychiatry
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
based on organization salary scale
please submit a cover letter, CV, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email subject line should include the following:
“Psychiatrist” Vacancy (MRCA 268).
Failure to do so will result in rejected applications.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.