Safe Space Officer has to ensure that safe space center is functioning properly in term of helping adolescent girls in crisis at the provincial level to receive needed referrals and basic support for their rehabilitation such as psycho social counselling, mediation for conflict resolution with the family, and advisory support in legal matters through collective community and stakeholder actions.
- Greet individuals utilizing the resource space courteously and professionally (in person or by phone), determine their needs, introduce them to office resources, programs, and services, or refer for appointment with professional staff as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of visitors and/or beneficiaries and information related to requests for services; be sensitive to confidentiality needs of everyone we serve.
- Supervise daily operations of resource center.
- Engage visitors in on-going conversations about social justice, privilege and oppression, power dynamics and intersectional identities, including creation and implementation of social, support, and educational groups that also build community and develop youth facilitation skills.
- Attend and participate in relevant community meetings, coalitions, summits, and conferences as needed. Maintain positive and engaging relationships with identified community partners in target area to enhance and promote cultural competency programming.
- Maintain, update and track and monitor program information such as participants, expenditures, and assistance type in a timely manner through various tools.
- Document and maintain up-to-date information on services provided and funds spent.
- Participate in meetings and attend staff trainings as required.
- Prepare and submit program reports as needed, such as Quarterly Performance Reports (QPR) and Daily Time Logs (DTL).
- Empower beneficiaries and visitors to problem solve to achieve outcomes.
- Promote self-advocacy and self-determination.
- Understand and be able to articulate the mission and goals of the Resource Center.
- Contact Program Manager in crisis or emergency situations.
- Develop publicity plans for events and programs.
- Maintain and update social networking sites/tools.
- Assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of Resource Center events
- Attend events as required
- Maintain resource libraries
- Maintain cleanliness of resource center
- To maintain mutual and positive relationship with target communities and work with communities to ensure community contribution and participation.
- To liaise with relevant governmental offices at field level regarding project activities
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
Education & Training:
- Having University degree in social sciences such as Psychology or Law.
- At least 3 years relevant experience working with Adolescent girls in any capacity.
- Sympathetic and caring
- Good communication skills
- Mature, patience and highly committed towards Women’s Rights
- Able to write, read and speak English, Dari and Pashto
- Prepared to work hard and long when needed to achieve deadlines, targets and quality standards set by the project.
- Good interpersonal skills, flexible, patient, and able to mentor others.
- Understanding the local language is an advantage
Safe Space Officer-754
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
35000 AFN/ Month including all benefits
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2021. Please clearly indicate Safe Space Officer-754 in the subject of your email., ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.