The Senior Finance Assistant will be based in Kabul and will report to the Chief Finance Officer. Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensures that all transactions are recorded and that the financial records are reflecting the true and fair position of the organization. Maintaining and records daily transactions in QuickBooks using the organization’s existing internal financial control system and tools.
- Oversees the protection of the country’s assets (cash, inventory) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures.
- Explain accounting transactions; resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Facilitating monthly accounts closure.
- Maintaining organization’s fixed assets and inventory registers with operations team.
- Bank reconciliation for all bank accounts on monthly basis.
- Responsible for Advances follow up (employee advances, business advances, transfers etc…)
- Assisting CFO on preparing financial reports.
- Assisting CFO for audit arrangement.
- Any other relevant task assigned by supervisor/designee.
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide education, skills and livelihoods to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 36,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity, and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 15,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20 July 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0722-01” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.