- Providing technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects of CPMO and NWARA Assisting the technical teams in review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities; liaises with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions. Assisting preparation of various technical and academic documents, e.g. investigation and feasibilities reports, background and baseline reports, and other relevant documents. Contributing to stakeholders’ meetings, conferences, and other events by supporting documents and presentations preparation. Participating in technical activities like structuring of seminars, workshops, training materials for the CPMO’s and NWARA’s organized events. Assisting in project design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of CPMO and NWARA Contributing to proposal development for new water resources projects of CPMO and NWARA Advise project planners and developers on considering technical aspects of projects in line with the NWARA’s strategies and mission as well as with the international commitments like SDGs. Advising departments and offices to ensure all technical aspects of plans are well integrated and in line with water conservation and water security. Leads the comprehensive review of technical documents of CPMO and NWARA
- Advise Director General of NWARA and CPMO Director on water supply policy, planning, and regulations. Advise water resources planners consider water supply demand in all plans and policies. Assess water supply schemes and able to prepare relevant feasibility and other technical report. Identify, conduct survey, design, and plan water supply schemes using national and international standards. Suggest framework for SMEs in water supply across the country. Able to reframe world class models according to ground realities of Afghanistan.
- Problem solving oriented and experience in performing varied technical tasks in water resources. Demonstrate expertise in technical aspects of water resources project. Strong inter-personal and teamwork skills.
The incumbent of this position is responsible to support the team in central program management office CPMO and NWARA responsible for implementing the projects financed under grants. ADB and GIRoA tendering procedures and reporting formats will apply. The Sr. Technical Advisor will prepare the tender documents and assist the CPMO and NWARA to prepare the various submissions to ADB and GIRoA. S/he will be stationed in the CPMO/NWARA in Kabul with possible trips to the project sites as required.
- Master or Bachelor of Science in Hydro – technical Structures Having master’s degree with 5 years of relevant Experiences or bachelor degree with 7 years’ relevant experience in water resources on relevant areas.
- Strong in English (All skills especially writing). Proficient in Dari and Pashtu. Limited travel (any part of the country).
C_PMO 051 Senior Technical Advisor
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
One year (Extendable)
NTA Grade B
Submission Guideline:The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10-11-2020. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Resumes received after closing date will not be considered.