Scope of work:
The Site Engineer is responsible for overall quality control, Construction activities control in wash (pipe scheme network) project, supervision, estimation and implementation of solar system pipe scheme projects according to work plan and engineering standard. He is assisting the rural development senior officer/field engineer in ensuring quality, timely completion and the daily site management of the various engineering projects and must be available in the project site during the working days (Saturday to Thursday).
The Site Engineer reports to the rural development senior officer/field engineer at the Provincial level.
- Overall responsible for technical survey, estimation, implementation, quantity checking, quality control and quality assurance of school construction projects
- Ensure overall procedures during the project implementation are applied as per Rural Development Programme (RDP) engineering manual and donor requires
- Read, understand and apply the RDP technical manual
- To establish a good communication between different councils, representative from PRRD, and other governmental agencies, NGOs and contractors working more or less involved in the RDP and local governance activities
- Ensure the selected land for construction of reservoirs is suitable for project implementation
- Ensure the project will not affect negatively environment and assure social and environmental safeguard in the implementation of the project
- Prepare and provide project progress report to the immediate supervisor in timely manner
- Ensure projects are technically sound and the progress is made as per the scheduled timeframe in accordance to the technical proposal
- To Proper project expenditure documents
- Assist guide and participate in community participatory monitoring and accountability events at the project level and prepare relevant reports accordingly
- To watch over fulfilment of tasks given to skilled and unskilled labors to expedite construction work
- To properly allocate skilled and unskilled labors according to plan for the task to be completed
- To guide people under his responsibility about the way to fulfil their assignment
- Ensure quality of work and especially construction materials brought in to the project field.
- To verify presence on the work site of all personal under him and report to the immediate supervisor
- Any other relevant task required during project implementation.
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor degree from civil engineering or relevant faculty of a well-known University
- Documented experience in construction projects, supervision and implementation.
- At least 4 years’ experiences in field of engineering (wash project implementation) with NGOs or UN agencies.
- 5 years’ experience with SCA is equal to bachelor degree from civil engineering
- Experience in implementation of wash project activities in the field
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto, written and spoken
- Ability of speaking and writing English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
- Preference will be given who worked with SCA before this in construction of school.
- Familiar with report writing
- Honest, active and well mannered
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
- Being an Afghan citizen
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
• Documented experience in construction projects,
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum two pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Site Engineer ( pipe scheme project)- HRM/TRMO 45-21 ) Otherwise your application will not be considered.
Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.