SOCIAL MOBILIZATION AND MONITORING FACILITATOR is expected to work full-time in a monthly role to demonstrate significant increase in vaccines acceptance in their assigned area. SOCIAL MOBILIZATION AND MONITORING FACILITATOR will maintain contact and build trust with the community through various engagements and intervention, defined in the district communication and community engagement plan and based on the context of the specific community. Community engagement interventions may include (but should not be limited to):
- Based on the recent data (including campaign results) and local developments, under the guidance of the UNICEF staff, and in collaboration with community leaders and partners, prepare the monthly community engagement plan for the specific district, and ensure its implementation.
- Build the network of influencers in the community (including from the religious leaders, schoolteachers, health workers, elders, etc) to promote polio vaccination, mother and child health and routine immunization by conducting regular awareness sessions, dialogues and meetings.
- Identify key rumours in the districts, record them and report to the supervisor.
- Mobilize and inform the community at key occasions such as Weddings during the summer seasons and Eid.
- Contribute to reporting and data collection systems by properly responding to telephonic, SMS and/or Interactive Voice Response surveys.
- Provide updated information and data from the cluster (including social data) as inputs to the district communication plan and polio and RI micro plan for the cluster.
- Stories of interest and good practice are shared at least once a quarter or as they are available.
- To establish and maintain trusted relationships with the community to address the identified challenges related to immunization in the districts with a high level of refusals.
- To provide correct and consistence information for creating awareness, behaviour change and demand for Polio and immunisation services in the community.
- To identify and engage community leaders and influencers to effectively promote immunization services.
- Support Integrated/convergence referral services to build trust among caregivers and reduce Polio fatigue.
Established in 2010 AFGHAN WINNER Logistic, Construction & Consultancy Services (AWLCCS) is a 100% Afghan owned company registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency, offering a wide range of 3PL/4PL Logistic, Supply, Construction & Consultancy Services to a variety of clients in Public and Private Sectors, International Aid Agencies, None-Governmental Organizations and Coalition Forces.
We strive to provide prompt, personalized and reliable services to our clients, in collaboration with sister companies and our network of local, regional and international partners. Our broad experience and know-how of the local as well as international markets enable us to offer the best alternatives and solutions to our clients.
AWLS specialized logistic and supply services range from Logistic, Transportation, HR Management, Financial Management, Construction, Custom Clearance, Cargo Handling, Distribution, Generator, Vehicles & IT Spare Parts and Maintenance Services and Warehousing to the Supply of Electronic Equipment’s, Computers, Communication Systems, Petroleum Products, Construction Materials, Office Supplies and Vehicles and Machineries.
- Each SOCIAL MOBILIZATION AND MONITORING FACILITATOR should belong and live in the community where the position is advertised. They must be trusted and respected within their community.
- Must be above 25 years-old and must be literate with minimum 12th standard.
- Must speak the local language of the community (Pastho, Dari).
- Should be a member of one of the community groups. Community Health Workers, especially females (if available in the area) or Community Volunteers (ARCS, TBAs) are preferred.
- Should demonstrate good communication skills.
- female candidates’ recruitment should be streamlined and prioritized in all locations where it is possible taking into account security situation in the area.
- Willing to move from house to house in the specified area.
- Polio awareness and vaccine promotion experience is a plus.
The candidate should be from the same district and to have influence among the community.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only qualified individuals are invited to submit applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 31st March 2021, 16:00 hrs Local Time. Applications will be rejected after the closing time.
Your CV will not be considered if you don’t mention it in the Subject Line Title/ Vacancy number and District.