The Social Worker is primarily responsible for supporting children and women in Integration Center, Women Prison and Women Protection Center to ensure that women and children in the centers have access to legal, case management, awareness, and PSS services. Furthermore, the SW is responsible for the provision of support to the vulnerable women and children in getting access to a comprehensive range of education/literacy, livelihood/vocational skill, psychosocial and reintegration services in the Integration Center and referrals to specilised GBV services if required
The Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Developing monthly and weekly activity plan for better delivery of the tasks and activities;
- Provide child protection case management services in line with the CPMS, GBViE standards and CPHA Case Management Guidelines
- Act as a GBV focal point , and provide referral to specilised GBV services in line with the cluster standards
- Coordinate with other service providers and support the development and utilization of locally contextualized mapping, referral pathways and women and children’s safety nets
- Conduct outreach and support beneficiaries in their reintegration to families.
- Conduct outreach activities with families and communities as and when required and safe to do so.
- Organize monthly meetings with safety nets and families to accompany the difficult transition to release, and allow families to share their concerns, and find support.
- Support and build capacities of women prison & women protection center and JRC staff in providing child (and women?) protection services including counseling, referral
- Monitoring of child (and women’s?) abuse cases in the centers, and identifying protection concerns
- Support WP and JRC staff in developing reintegration and post release care plans for women and children due for release from the centers;
- Organize awareness raising session on child rights and child protection in the targeted centers;
- Support awareness raising sessions on women’s rights and protection in the targeted centers;
- Assist the project coordinator in inauguration and operation of integration center including the office set up and beneficiary selection (Women & Girls) from the most vulnerable communities;
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Line Manager;
- Participate in CP/GBV subcluster meetings
- Any other tasks required by Line Manager.
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
- University degree in social work or related social science fields.
- 2-3 years’ experience in access to justice to women and children
- 2-3 years’ experience in women and child protection and case management preferably GBV.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of reintegration of women and children
- Strong beliefs and interests in women’s empowerment and gender equality
- Strong understanding of survivor-centered approach
- Good knowledge of the CPMS, GBViE Standards and Sphere Standards
- English Language preferred
- Excellent Communication, coordination, Negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to build trust and communicate in empathetic and respectful manner
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent Computer Skill
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-3 years’ experience
As per organization salary scale
- Please send motivation letter, CV to RecruitmentAfg@warchild.org.uk before the closing date.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Social Workers VA# WCUK-117) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test and interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, vetting check, be compliant and sign up to War Child’s Child Safeguarding Policy, anti-bribery policy, code of conduct and other War Child’s policies prior to a final offer being made.
- WCUK is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.