Technical advisor will be monitoring implementation of humanitarian mine action implemented by PM/WRA funded demining organizations in Afghanistan.
The position requires technical and operational experience from humanitarian mine action. A suitable background may come from a results-focused mine action NGO, United Nations mine action programme, national mine action authority, military experience or commercial work. Good communications and diplomacy skills are required as is a proven track record of constructive stakeholder dialog. Relevant experience would encompass the following:
The Technical Advisor will assist Senior Technical Advisor in all technical matters related to the operational development. The Technical Advisor will assist the Senior Technical Advisor in Afghanistan in planning and development of current operations.
- Working with the Senior Technical Advisor to further develop NPA Quality Management and monitoring systems in Afghanistan.
- Assist in setting up a functional operations room with technical and operational planning and reporting systems.
- Assist in project technical evaluation and development.
- Assist in production of operational documentation and information management.
- Assist in assessments and planning of monitoring tasks.
Monitor the HMA and/or EOD, MRE, NTS and PDIA of PM/WRA grantees in Afghanistan to ensure implementation in accordance with approved work plans, donor requirements, national and international mine action standards, and the operator’s own SOPs. The scope of works will include:
- Monitor the implementation of HMA and/or EOD, MRE, NTS and PDIA of all operators funded by PM/WRA.
- Conduct site visits to ongoing HMA and/or EOD, MRE and PDIA tasks when the security situation allows.
- Report on findings in accordance with NPA’s information management and reporting requirements
- Assist in further development and amendments of technical documentation as needed.
- Closely liaise with, assist and support Senior Technical Advisors and the rest of the team.
- Closely liaise with the operational management of PM/WRA grantees in Afghanistan and coordinate monitoring activities with the National Mine Action Centre when necessary.
- Regular liaise with local communities in a professional and culturally sensitive manner to ensure good relations with the local population.
- Driving to locations designated for monitoring when required
- Any other task or duty as assigned by the Senior Technical Advisor.
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the labour movement’s non-profit humanitarian solidarity organization. NPA is a politically independent organization maintains and independent standpoint in relation to it’s work task which, at any given time are laid down in the organization’s principles program. NPA undertakes practical preventive and supportive work at home and abroad, the organization’s value basis is laid down in the principle program and in the vision ‘Solidarity in action’. NPA is governed by its member through elected boards and committees.
- EOD Level III education or similar experience from the Mine Action sector.
- Experience from operational managing and/or monitoring Mine Action operations.
- Understanding of the land release concept and the demining toolbox consisting of manual clearance, mine detection dogs and mechanical demining machines.
- Good knowledge of International Mine Action Standards, Afghanistan Mine Action Standards
- Experience from project planning, implementation, follow up and reporting.
- Previous working relations with national authorities, military forces, partners and/or donors is an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions is necessary.
- Physically fit and able to make long climbs in rugged terrain on foot to reach minefields.
- Good knowledge in computer handling and report writing is necessary.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English.
- Valid driving license
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
As per Organization salary scale
You are kindly requested to send your CV, Application letter and National ID with complete contact details to our office though the following email address:
The subject line of your email must contain the vacancy number and job title of position.
Please do not send us your work-certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of recruitment.
Only those candidates will be in invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.