- Advise and assist SPC and PM on technical issues in all aspects of the community based education project policies, strategies and activities;
- Develop, conduct and evaluate all aspects of the training programs and materials:
- Provide technical assistance to CBE Project Supervisors, field supervisors, community trainers and teacher trainers to best meet their requirements with regard to CBE schoolteachers and School Shura (SS) members capacity building responsibilities;
- Carry out periodical monitoring trips to the project areas, represents W&GE program in various forums and coordination meetings;
- Prepare periodical reports of the conducted activities;
- Assist the project Senior Data Management/Reporting Officer in data interpretation and report production;
- Provide assistance to the Program Management Team (PMT) as per W&GE program policies and strategies in the capacity building of relevant personnel, in addition Ensure Gender maintenance in CO.
- Reports to the Project Manager. Collaborate with Project M&E and Data Officer, Community Mobilizer, Teacher Trainer and other project staff as well and staff from other projects. Ensures coordination of project activities with other colleagues and program team. Contribute to all new initiatives and data collection for education and gathering relevant data and information.
Duty LocationKey Results Expected As a CARE secondary contact to the communities, the Technical Advisor works directly with Teacher Trainer and Community Mobilizer to support CBE teachers, School Management Committee (SMC) members, students, parents of students, Ministry of Education (MoE) related hub schools, and Provincial and District Education Departments of MoE. Advises and assists PM and SPC on technical issues:
- Advises Program Manager and Technical Working Group members in setting CBE project policies, strategies and overall management of the program; Assists Program Manager in developing concept papers, proposals, and in the drafting and signing of contracts and protocols; Assist Program Manager in setting Education Program AOPs; Helps Program Manager prepare for LRSP and Mission AOP workshop; Assists Program Manager in developing CBE project implementation plans; Assist Program Manager and Coordinator in developing new initiative and extracurricular activities linked to Power within (signature program); In response to requests offering technical support to W&GE Program staff of all levels in all aspects of program activities; Undertakes periodical field monitoring visits to assess the effectiveness and relevancy of the W&GE program’s CBE project interventions and to help the W&GE program CBE project management in making sound and timely decisions and taking corrective actions; Participates in the evaluation process of the education program activities; Represents W&GE Program in various education forums and coordination meetings;
Develops, conducts, and evaluates all aspects of the training programs and materials:
- Consolidates and standardizes the contents of the various teacher-training Modules the W&GE Program offers, so that the training of schoolteachers is consistent and relevant in all provinces; Develops guidelines on training and community mobilization ; Monitors the effectiveness of the teacher and SMC-training program in terms of relevancy and delivery; Periodically conducts benchmarking and revises training modules and their content to keep them update, relevant and responsive all the time; Designs, develops, and/or acquires new material and training handouts that enrich the diversity and quality of the training W&GE program provides; Develops guidelines, curriculum, etc for the new initiatives the W&GE program Undertakes from time to time e.g. accelerated education, etc; Ensure the training manual holds the INEE minimum standards topics and subjects based on the need and nature of the projects within W&GE program; Supports and promotes the appropriate sport and recreation guide usage during trainings; Organize/conduct sport and recreation trainings to education program staff and participants;
Provides technical assistance to project/field supervisors, community trainers and teacher trainers:
- Periodically conducts staff, schoolteacher and SMC training need assessment; Designs, develops, and conducts staff development training for community mobilizer, teacher trainers, and project supervisors; Provides technical assistance to Community Mobilizer, Teacher Trainers and Project/Field Supervisors in the planning, design, conduct, and evaluation and monitoring of their training activities at the provincial level. Tries to constantly develop program trainers (Teacher Trainers and Community Mobilizer) through mentoring, coaching and modeling; Estimate expenses for sport and recreation trainings and activities and forward them to program managers and coordinator for budgeting/budget tracking and proposals’ development;
Prepares periodical reports and assists the senior data management officer in data interpretation and report production:
- Collects, compiles and analyzes training related data and assists the senior data management officer in the final analyzes and interpretation of the data; Prepares training related periodical reports and assists the senior data management officer in the production of monthly, quarterly, interim and annual W&GE Program, CBE project reports; Provides accurate and prompt responses to training related ad-hoc queries posed by the W&GE program management and mission leadership; Disseminates training related reports, and information to W&GE program field offices, and other relevant internal departments and external organizations; Submits timely reports on any other significant activity undertaken by the incumbent.
Provides assistance to the Partner Organizations in the capacity building of relevant personnel:
- Keeps close contacts and working relations with relevant departments of the MoE to Know their needs, rule and regulations, expectations from CARE and ways and means Of mutual cooperation; Within the W&GE Program, CBE project available resources plans, develops, designs and conducts training programs for the capacity building of relevant staff of the MoE and Partner Organizations; Assists the technical team in Developing, designing and conducting teacher training programs for public schools’ teachers if need arises and actively participate in training forums and working groups.
Monitoring and Supervision of W&GE program relevant projects activities:
- Carries field monitoring and supervision to make sure that classes/schools are functional in line with project objectives, strategy and plan and provide quality basic education to students; Prepares project annual, quarterly and monthly monitoring and supervision plans; Observes classroom teaching-learning process and activities and provides on the job training and assistance to the trainers and mobilizers; Maintains good working relations with MoE and community authorities and representatives. Undertakes school material need assessment during the monitoring trips and makes sure timely delivery of required materials to schools; Carry out physical check of class/school building in order to ensure the existence of conducive physical learning environment;
Ensure Gender mainstreaming in CO:
- Advocate for gender promotion and provide timely advice on approaches to senior management; Support gender mainstreaming throughout the concerned unit and related activities; Facilitate and support capacity building of concerned staff regarding GED concepts and CARE policies and procedures in this regard; Regular communication with concerned staff especially female staff to ensure their wellbeing and improve conducive working environment; Pave the road for the Gender Focal Points Person’s meeting and other Gender promotion related activities/events; follow up and monitor CCoC implementation and its reflection in daily activities specially in dealing with staff and program participants;
Other relevant duties and tasks:
- Assists Project manager in setting AOP for CBE project; Assists Project manager in developing IOPs/APAAs in light of AOP; Assists Project manager in developing project implementation and action plans, operation budget, and reports; Make sure implementation of child protection and gender across CBE classes;
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
- Enthusiasm to the job; Gender sensitivity; Willingness to travel as per the project requirements; Favouring education and development. Willingness to trave field and tough security situation; CARE emphasizes on the appointment of suitably qualified, skilled staff that have the right value, attitudes and approaches to the protection of children and safety and any contact should be positive and appropriate to keep children safe.
Skills and Experience:
- Very good training skills, good communication skills in national languages and good level of written and spoken English.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree; Master degree is preferred.
- At least five years working experience in project management, Education project manual/guideline development, monitoring Evaluation, teacher training, women peace and security, Gender Equity and community mobilization, preferably with an international organization.
- Fluency in written and spoken both Dari and Pashto languages, and Good in English.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least five years working experience in project management, Education project manual/guideline development, monitoring Evaluation, teacher training, women peace and security, Gender Equity and community mobilization, preferably with an international org
As per organization salary scale
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Technical Advisor Ex-76-2021) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)