- In consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries (particularly women and people with disabilities), assist WV project Engineers, distribution coordinators to identify sites and target households for water resources construction and COVID-19 Hygiene kits distributions
- Establish and train volunteer WASH Groups to conduct community hygiene promotion Support WASH groups to conduct regular community-wide hygiene promotion sessions.
- Provide behaviour change training in communities on hygiene practices such as hand washing with soap, water treatment, and latrine use. Conduct hygiene promotion for children through Sesame Street WASH Up! Initiative
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local communities, explaining World Vision Afghanistan’s role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project
Reporting and Monitoring
- Report to the Project Manager the implementation of projects as planned according to developed technical standards, schedules and timelines. Update and prepare weekly reports on project progress. Work with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to regularly track and report on progress towards WV water, sanitation and hygiene targets.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards. Adhere to WV accountability standards. To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (please add functional area or project) interventions.
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities. There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods. World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
- 2-3 years of working with community mobilisation projects 1-2 years previous experience working with the hygiene and sanitation behaviour change approaches
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- High school degree required.
• Ability to speak in Dari and Pashto languages.• Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity.• Knowledge of important hygiene behaviours• Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.• Knowledge and experience in construction is useful but not a necessity.• Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement: Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required (please specify):
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-3 years of working with community mobilisation projects
As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview. Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply. را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1274) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered. Mobile:+93 799 838 452 ( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.” : نوتلطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم