Under the direct management of the Branch ARCS DM and ARCS WeC project Manager, the Weapon Contamination Officer will be based in one of the three regions of intervention of the project and will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor Risk Awareness activities conducted by volunteers in the field.
- Train ARCS volunteers to deliver Risk Awareness.
- Centralize data collected in the field by volunteers (accidents, incidents, victims, contaminated areas).
- Refer victims to the ICRC or other relevant organization if necessary.
- Budget management and reporting.
The ARCS WeC officer will also report to the ICRC WeC field officer for technical issues.
Established in 1934, the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) is an independent, humanitarian institution which has been recognized by the government of Afghanistan as an auxiliary to State agencies. ARCS play an important role in delivering disaster response services. Under the 2016 Red Crescent Law, ARCS carry out its activities in accordance with the principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary services, unity and universality. Among others, ARCS have the duty to provide assistance to disaster-affected communities, supply emergency shelter, and distribute relief items to vulnerable people. Through its network of 7 regional branches and 34 provincial branches and more than 20,000 staff and trained volunteers, ARCS is amongst the few national organizations with nation-wide outreach and access. Over the past decades, ARCS has managed to uphold its neutrality and enjoys acceptance enabling its teams to carry out principled humanitarian action across the lines of conflict, including in the large portions of the territories controlled by armed opposition groups. With the support of its Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Partners National Societies like the Norwegian Red Cross – ARCS has also strengthened its management systems, procedures and partnerships to respond to emergencies, upon request of the public authorities or under its own initiative.
- Minimum 12 grade (school) education level
- Minimum 3 years of experience in working/dealing with community engagement/dissemination of messages to communities.
- Experience in managing a budget, logistics and reporting (organizing training courses, field trips, justification of expenses, activity reporting).
- Experience in mine risk awareness/ knowledge of the explosive threats in Afghanistan would be and asset.
- Experience in data collection and analysis would be an asset.
- Sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and to work respectfully
- Team spirit and adaptability.
- Knowledge of the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement and principles.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years experience
Contract Base Extendable
As per Organizational Salary Scale
متقاضیان محترم لطف نموده جهت درخواست احراز بست به آمریت استخدام ریاست منابع بشری دفتر مرکزی جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی واقع افشار سیلو و یا ریاست نمایندگی ننگرهار/بلخ/کندهار مراجعه نموده خلص سوانح ، کاپی اسناد تحصیلی کاپی اسناد تجارب کاری تذکره تابعیت و یک قطعه عکس با خود داشته باشند.
نوت: درخواست برای احراز بست از طریق ایمیل و یا آنلاین پذیرفته نمیشود.
Dear applicants, please refer to the Recruitment Department of Human Resources Afghan Red Crescent Society HQ office Afshar-e-Silo or ARCS Nangarhar/Balkh/Kandahar Branch for submitting thier application along with thier Curriculum Vita (CV) , copy of educational documents, copy of work experience, citizenship ID card and a photo.
Note: Request for a clampdown is not accepted by email or online.